3. high school is killing me

Once the class finally ended, Asher and Peter walked out of the classroom and headed to the lunchroom.

"Just so you know, you can't sit with me and my friends at lunch. We don't want that kind of attention right at the beginning of the year." Peter says as the two teens enter the lunchroom that is already crammed with students.

Asher chuckles softly and nods at Peter "Yeah, you got it. No sitting with you and your friends." he smirks. Peter gives him a weird look and then shrugs and begins to walk towards a lunch table with two other kids already sitting at it.

Asher sighs and begins walking to the outside of the building, trying to make his way towards the bleachers out by the football field so he can sit in peace and quiet.

All of a sudden, someone grabs Asher's hand and leads him towards a very crowded lunch table. The person who's basically kidnapping him is none other than Max Jägerman.

Max shoves Asher into a chair and smiles down at him. "Sorry if I scared you, new kid. But I thought you'd like to sit with me and my bros." he plops down in the chair next to Asher.

Asher shrugs, "Uh, sure." he mutters. He looks around the table and sees four other people at the table. Huh, everyone else is here, wonder why Steph's not hanging with Brenda right now. Asher thinks.

Just as Asher thinks that, Stephanie Lauter sits in the seat next to Brenda. Asher sighs softly now that he knows he has someone he actually likes at the table with him. Well, besides Max but...

"Ow! Steph, what the hell was that for?!" Max exclaims. Steph rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. "You know exactly what it was for, can you go one day without being an asshole to Pete and his friends?" she says while glaring at Max.

"Oh, come on Steph. K'now it's just a joke, they even know it's a joke" Max throws his head back in laughter.

Steph scoffs and stands up "Okay, well when you finally realize that you're a massive dick, maybe i'll just go hang with people who actually give a shit about people other than themselves." she sighs and walks away.

Max scoffs and rolls his eyes, "God, she's so emotional for no reason, right guys?" he asks, staring at his two other jock friends. The boys nod quickly "Yeah, of course, you're always right Max" one of them, Jason, says.

Asher shifts uncomfortably in his chair. Max turns towards him and smiles sheepishly, "Uhh, sorry about that. You didn't have to see that, Steph just gets like that sometimes." he sighs softly.

"No, it's okay, I think I'm gonna go though, Just to go check on her cause she seemed a little pissed." Asher says, smiling at Max. He gets up and goes to try and find Steph.

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

Asher, Peter, Steph, Richie, and Ruth were sitting in a booth at Miss Retros. Miss Holloway came up to the table with plates of food.

"Here you go, kids. Now you five eat up, y'all are still growing kids." Miss Holloway smiled softly and placed the plates down.

"Thanks, Momma." Asher smiled at his mom. The five kids all ate their food.

After the food was all gone, the five teens all began their daily after school talk.

"So, Ash. I saw you talking to Max Jägerman today at lunch." Ruth said, with a very dirty looking grin on her face.

Asher rolled his eyes and let out a loud chuckle. "It's nothing, Ruth. He was just asking me a question about some homework." He explained with a smug smile on his face.

There is a ding that came from Asher's side of the booth. The four other teens turned to Asher and they all raised their eyebrows at him with smug smirks on their faces.

Asher rolled his eyes again and he pulled out his phone. He looked at the notification and then quickly put his phone away, his face now slightly redder than before.

The other teens at the table started to giggle at Asher's embarrassment.

Asher flipped his friends the bird with a small smirk on his face. "Okay, you guys caught me, fuck off" he chuckled.

Steph nudged Asher in the side and leaned in and whispered, "If he ever breaks your heart, his ass is dead, you hear me?"

Asher chuckled and whispered back to Steph, "Don't worry, Steph. If he hurts me, you will not be the only person he needs to be worried about."