Chapter One: The New Student

"Rhys wake up, you're going to be late for school!" His mother yelled from the hallway. "Nuts!" The teenage Human boy said as he got out of bed. He quickly got changed into his school uniform, went downstairs, ate his breakfast, brushed his teeth, grabbed his bag, ran out the door and towards Monster City High. Rhys Hunter is a white sixteen year old Human boy with dark brown hair and dark green eyes. He's also one of the most kindest teenagers in Monster city and a huge steam engine enthusiast. Rhys had just entered the school and he was about to enter the classroom when a student he had never seen before appeared out of nowhere. She had blue eyes, long black hair and wore a pair of purple leather fingerless gloves, along with the Monster City High school uniform. Rhys tried to stop, but his feet skidded against the floor and then the sixteen year old Human boy bumped into the girl! "Oof!" The two students said as they hit the ground. "I'm so sorry, are you okay?" Rhys asked the girl as he helped her up. "Yeah I'm fine." She Replied. The two teenagers blushed when they met each other's gaze. "Right, where are my manners? My name is Rhys Hunter and I'm one of the Humans who go to this school, what's yours?" The sixteen year old Human boy asked. "E-Emma, E-Emma J-J-J-James a-and I-I'm a V-Vampire." The girl stammered. "So what brings you to Monster City and where are you from?" Rhys asked. "I-I-I originally came from New Jersey and my Mom got a job here as a nurse, so she, me, and my Dad moved to this city." The teenage Vampire said. "Okay, I can show the best places to go on our days off, if you want?" The sixteen year old human boy offered. "Sure." Said Emma. Then the two teenagers walked into the classroom.

Later that day, Emma was in the lunch hall when she noticed Rhys talking to someone. He had dark brown hair, light green eyes and wore a pair of glasses. "Ah, hello Emma, this is my best bud, DD, he's a Human just like me." The sixteen year old Human boy said. "Hello." The teenage Vampire said in a shy tone. "It's a pleasure to meet you." DD replied. "Oh Rhys~" said a voice. "Oh crap...." Rhys said. Then the now terrified Rhys Hunter, ran towards the boys' toilets. Emma was confused until a white Lamia with blue scales, blonde hair and dark brown eyes passed the table yelling, "FUCK, HE DID IT AGAIN!!" "Who's that?" The teenage Vampire asked the Human boy. "Her name is Serena, she's one of Rhys' crazy stalkers." He replied. "How many does he have?!" Emma asked. "Only two, the second one is a Arachne called Wendy." The teenage human boy said. "Hey DD, how are you?" Asked a voice. Both The teenage human boy and vampire turned their heads round to see a six foot werewolf standing right in front of them. She had brown fur, long brown hair with blonde ends and yellow eyes. Her name was Delilah and she had had a crush on DD since she started going to Monster City High. "I'm fine, Delilah, how about you?" Replied DD. "Same here." The teenage Werewolf said. "I'm gonna go check on Rhys." And with that, the teenage human walked towards the boys' toilets. "So tell me Emma, do you have a crush on someone in this school?" Delilah asked the teenage vampire. "Uh, well I, um." Emma stammered as she began to blush. "Oh, what's their name?" The teenage Werewolf asked. "R-R-Rhys H-Hunter." Emma replied. "Ah, he's a good lad and one of the politest kids in this school." Delilah said. "Okay, your turn." Said the teenage vampire. "W-what d-do y-you mean?" The werewolf asked, her face beginning to turn red as an apple. "Come on, I told you who I have crush on and now it's your turn." Emma said, a smirk beginning to grow on her face. Meanwhile, Rhys was still in the Boys' toilets, daydreaming about Emma when DD knocked on the door. "Hey lad, are you okay in there?" He asked. But the human boy didn't reply. "Lad, lad, lad? LAD?!" Rhys soon fell out of his trance and walked out. "Yeah everything's a-okay." The sixteen year old Human boy said. Rhys' eyes widened. There, standing twenty inches away from both him and DD was an Arachne with brown hair, six red eyes, and black lipstick on her lips. It was Wendy. "Oh train lover boy~" she said in a flirty voice. "Uh.... BYE!" The sixteen year old human boy said, before running towards the lunch hall. "Hmm, something's off about him today." DD said to himself as he followed Rhys. When he arrived, he told Delilah everything. "I don't know what's wrong with him." He said. Then the teenage Human boy noticed his best friend blushing while talking to Emma. "Well there's your answer." Said The teenage Werewolf. "That slut's trying to steal my future boyfriend." Serena said, who was watching near by. "Don't you mean my future boyfriend, hoe?" Said a voice. It was Wendy and she looked very pissed. "What did you call me, bitch?!" The teenage Lamia asked. "I think you heard me." The Arachne girl said with a smug look on her face. Then the two girls began to argue nonstop.

Soon, it was home time and all the students left the school building. When Emma got back to her house, her mother was waiting for in the hallway. Emma's mother is a white Vampire with black hair, dark red eyes. She also wears a black dress, along with a purple necklace. "Welcome home, Emma! She said. But the teenage vampire just ignored her and walked into the living room. A few minutes later, Emma's mother came to speak to her daughter. "Is everything okay my little bat?" She asked. "Y-yeah." Replied the teenage Vampire. "Are you sure?" Her mother asked, looking even more concerned. Emma sighed. "There's a human in my class, who I'm love in with called Rhys Hunter and I really want to ask him out, but I'm scared that he might say no." She said. "Even if he does, me and you father will be here to cheer you up." Her mother said. Thanks Mom." Emma said, before giving her hug. "Speaking of which, where is Dad?" "He went to Tesco to buy some food." Her mother replied.

Meanwhile, Serena was in her room with her sister, Jessie. They were both thing of ways they could ruin Emma and Delilah's lives. Jessie is Serena's identical twin. They both have the same scale colour, blonde hair, and dark brown eyes. She's also DD's crazy stalker. One time, she snuck into his room and stole his favourite black and blue hoodie. "We could pay the school bullies fifty quid to beat the shit out of them tomorrow morning." She suggested. "Jessie you're a fucking genius!" Her sister replied. The two Lamias cackled. "Right, now let's go and have our dinner." Jessie said. "Agreed." Said Her twin.

At Rhys' house, the sixteen year old human boy was lying on his bed, thinking about Emma and how he would ask her out when is mother walked in. Rhys' mother has blonde hair, dark green eyes, and she often wears a yellow top, along with a pair of blue jeans. "Are you alright?" She asked her son. "Yeah, I'm fine." Rhys said, not wanting her to know about his crush. Then his mother smirked and began to tickle him. The sixteen year old human laughed and begged her to stop, but she didn't. Finally, Rhys spoke and told her all about Emma. "I want to ask her out, but I'm scared that she might no." He said "And even if she does, me, your sister, and Buddy will be here for you." His mother said "Thanks Mum." The sixteen year old human boy said. "Now come downstairs, dinner's ready." And so, the two family members went downstairs.