Chapter Four: Love Is In The Air

A few weeks had gone by. Rhys and Emma were becoming closer to each other. DD and Delilah would often tease them when they passed, but teenage Human boy and Vampire girl didn't care. One day, Rhys was standing at his locker when Emma passed him. "When are you gonna ask her out?" His best friend asked him. "When you ask Delilah out." The Sixteen year old Human boy said with a smirk on his face. DD blushed. "What, uh, no, nu uh. She doesn't even like me anyways." He replied. "How do you that?" Rhys asked. "Because I asked her once in year 10 and she rejected me." Then teenage boy said. "Maybe she wasn't ready at the time." His best friend replied. "Maybe, just maybe." The teenage human boy said. Soon the bell rang and the two boys walked towards their class. Later that day however, Rhys decided it was time that he asked his crush out. "Okay buddy, you can do this.." He said, before taking a deep breath. "Oh Rhys~" said a voice. It was Serena and she was slithering right towards him! "Not this time.." The sixteen year old Human boy said. Then he began to run away from the teenage Lamia. Suddenly a web appeared out of nowhere. Rhys tried to stop, but his feet skidded against the school building's floor and he soon found himself trapped in the web! "Looks like I've caught myself a little fly~" Wendy said, walking towards him. "Let him go you six eyed freak!" Serena yelled. "Who are you calling a six eyed freak, bitch?!" The Arachne replied. Then the two monster girls began to argue. The sixteen year old boy chuckled silently to himself. He then began to feel someone break the web, unbeknownst to Serena and Wendy. "Huh, where'd he go?" The confused Arachne girl asked herself in confusion, seeing the now damaged web. "Bother!" The teenage Lamia yelled, tears starting to form in her eyes. "I bet that slut Emma freed him!" Then the two monster girls went to go and find their crush again. "Thanks for that, Emma." Rhys said with a smile. "No problem." The teenage Vampire replied. The sixteen year old Human boy sighed and asked, "Do you want to hang out with me later?" "Like a date?" Emma asked in confusion. "Well, I, um, well, Uh." Rhys replied, his face turning as red as a tomato. The teenage Vampire laughed at his reaction. "Sure, meet me at my place at five." She said. Then two teenagers walked towards their next class. They sat down and then the bell rang.

A few hours later, Rhys was at one of the sinks in the Boys' Toilets, washing his hands. "Woo hoo!" He cheered in excitement. "What's up with you?" Asked a boy in one of the stalls. "I finally asked my crush out!" He replied. "Good for you, dude." The boy said. Then the sixteen year old Human boy dried his hands and left. Later, he got ready for the date. He got changed into a blue hoodie with black trousers, brushed his teeth, combed his hair, went downstairs put a pair of black shoes on, left the house. When he arrived at Emma's house, he rang the doorbell, and waited for the teenage Vampire to come out. "Okay Rhys, if SGT Ducky has taught you anything, it's that the cinema isn't the best choice for a first date." He said to himself. The sixteen year old Human boy's face turning bright red when Emma came out of her house. She was wearing her fingerless gloves, along with a dark purple crop top, a black jacket, a pair of light blue shorts, and some violet lipstick. "Ready to go?" She asked. "Yeah, let's go." The teenage boy said. Then Vampire and Human began to walk away from Emma's house. "So, where to?" The teenage Vampire asked. "I was thinking we could go to that carnival down near the park." Rhys replied. "Sounds like a great idea." The Vampire girl said, before placing her head on the teenage boy's shoulder. When they arrived, the two lovebirds looked around. There was a giant ferris wheel, some carnival games, some bumper cars, a rollercoaster, an ice cream stand, and an arcade. "Let's go ride the bumper cars first!" Emma said, running towards the ride in excitement. "Alright." Rhys replied. The two were helped into some bumper cars, along with a few other people. Soon, the ride began. Everyone was having fun, bumping each other around. A few minutes went by and the ride was over. The two lovebirds sat down on a bench near the arcade and smiled. "Wanna go in?" Rhys asked the teenage Vampire." "You bet." She replied. Then the two teenagers walked into the arcade. When they were inside, the two began to have fun, playing games and earning tickets. They were soon had hundreds of tickets in little plastic bags. They went a ticket counting machine and they had 3,614 tickets. The two were mesmerised by the number. They walked up to the prize counter. "What do you want?" He asked her. The teenage Vampire scanned the shelves until she spotted a brown Teddy Bear, holding a red heart. It costed 3,500 tickets. "That one." She said, pointing at it. "Alright." The sixteen year old Human boy said. "Excuse me, can we have that one please?" Rhys asked the man behind counter, pointing at the teddy bear. "Of course, that'll be 3,500 tickets." He replied. Then the teenage boy handed him the piece of paper that had the number of tickets both him and the Vampire girl  had earned. "Here you go." The man said, handing Emma the teddy bear. "Thank you." She said, before the two lovebirds left.

"That was fun." Said The teenage Vampire . "Yeah." Rhys replied. A smirk grew on Emma's face. She pinned the sixteen year old Human boy against a tree. "W-what are you doing?" He asked, chuckling nervously. "This~"  Then the Vampire girl kissed Rhys on the lips! "Get your hands off of him, slut!" Said a voice. It was Serena and she had been following them the entire time. "Hey, leave her alone!" Rhys yelled. "First you steal my clothes, and now you treat Emma like crap!" "Come on Rhys, you know I'm more sexier than her~"  The Lamia said in a flirty voice. The teenage boy made a face of disgust. "Listen here, if anyone's the slut here, it's you!" The teenage Vampire said to Serena. The teenage Lamia gritted her teeth. "Hold this." Emma said, handing her boyfriend the teddy bear. Then the fight began. The Vampire girl punched the Lamia in the face four times and avoided all of her attacks. Serena ran away in fear, with a bloody nose. Rhys ran over hugged the teenage Vampire. "Thanks for that." He said. "You're welcome, my knight in shining armour." Emma replied. Then the sixteen year old Human boy gave his girlfriend the teddy bear and the two lovebirds made their way to Emma's house. When they arrived, the Vampire girl kissed the teenage boy on the lips yet again and handed him a piece of paper. "What's this?" He asked. "My phone number, feel free to text or call me anytime you want." Emma replied. Then she walked towards the front door of her house. Rhys smiled and began to walk away. Later that night, the sixteen year old boy was lying in his bed when he got a text. It was from DD. It read: "So how was it?" "Great." The teenage boy replied. "What did you do while I was with Emma? Did you finally ask Delilah out?"  "No, but something else happened." DD said. "She asked you out?" "Not that either." The teenage boy texted. "Then what happened, lad?" "You're not gonna believe this." DD started. "But we went from wrestling to making out." "See, she does like you." Rhys texted back. "Anyway, I'm gonna go now, goodbye, lad." Then the sixteen year old boy put his phone on the bedside cabinet and began to play Grand Theft Auto V on his Xbox One.