Chapter 22 - I'm Sorry

[Jeff's POV]

I panicked when I woke up with no Robin.

I checked Masky's room and found her there.

She looked awful.

I ran to her side as Masky placed a towel on her forehead.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Purging again. It made her weaker. Toby is getting her some food," Masky said.

I held her hand as she then started to wake up.

"Sshhhhh," Masky said as I held her hand.

Her green eyes slowly opened and looked at me.

"J-Jeff...." she mumbled.

"Look at me, you're okay," I said.

She groaned softly as if she were in pain.

Toby then came in with some fruits and a bottle of water.

"Hey, I just grabbed some bananas and apples, and a biscut, plus some water," he said.

"Give me the water. Jeff, have her sit up a little," Masky said.

I sat near her on the bed and sat her up on my lap as Masky bought the tip of the bottle to her lips and tilted it so she could sip some water.

She drank a little before she was able to lift her hand and slightly push the bottle away, coughing slightly as I gently patted her back.

"There," Masky said. "Now let me get her some bread."

I laid her down as Toby handed Masky the bread so he can break it into pieces.

Robin started to breath easily as I laid her down and she seemed to be a bit more alert, but still tired.

"Just relax," I said.

"I... I'm sorry," she mumbled.

"I could use some juice, it could help so the bread and water doesn't hurt her stomach," Masky said.

"I'll get some," I said, but a hand gripped mine.

"No.... Don't leave me alone, please...." Robin begged weakly. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry."

I looked at her before I sighed and laid down with her and she curled next to me.

I held her close as she calmed down and Toby went to get her juice.

Robin kept repeating "I'm sorry" as I held her, and Masky handed me the pieces of bread.

"Here," I said, giving her a piece. "You need to eat something."

"Please," she begged, but I stopped her.

"You will die, and I am not going to let my Robin die like this," I snapped.

She gulped and took the piece, hesitating before starting to nibble on the bread.

I nodded before holding her close as Toby cane back with a juice box and him and Masky watched worriedly.

I sighed and held her close.

"I'm the the one who's sorry... I need you, and I'm so sorry," I mumbled.

She looked up and smiled, then leaned in and kissed my chin softly.

I can't let her down.