Knights of Narnia

Anne was freezing.

Her whole body was soaked, from head to toe, and she'd ended up lying on the grass by the river, exhausted and mildly annoyed.

Peter had broken the ice just as the water had melted, sinking the wolves and propelling the children under the water and down the lake, Mr and Mrs Beaver had pushed them to shore, where Anne had collapsed, she then heard her siblings frantically calling for Lucy.

"Lucy! Lucy!" Anne sits up quickly, rushing to stand, until she hears a familiar voice

"Has anyone seen my coat?"

"Don't you worry, dear. Your brother's got you well looked after," Mr Beaver smiles, Anne watches Peter wrap Lucy up in her coat again, and Anne lays back down, laughing at the shock of it all.

"And I don't think you'll be needing those coats anymore," Mrs Beaver notes, looking deeper into the forest, and seeing green trees in the distance: the snow was melting.

Anne stands, then has a moment of panic as she reaches into her damp hair, finding the hairpin still there, her hair shockingly still in a bun. She reaches into her coat and expects to find her ruined book. When she picks it up, however, the sun shines down on it, and she watches the water evaporate off the cover. She flips through the pages and finds them untouched.

"Huh," Anne holds the book to her chest, following the beavers into the forest, in the corner of her eye, she sees a bright pink flower "Blossom!" she runs up to it, watching it grow at a rapid rate.

Anne loved flowers, they were ever-changing but beautiful - before the war, her father would bring her home whatever he could find for her. Even in winter, she would choose the mistletoe for the house.

"Let's stop here," Mr beaver calls from up ahead "You'll be far too warm in that get-up," The children stop by a large tree, and take off their damp coats and jumpers. Anne removes her socks as well. She unties her hair and scrunches it, removing the water from it, before tying it back with the hairpin again. She leads her siblings ahead, her book in hand.

✵⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✵⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✵

Aslan's camp was close, Anne could see the yellow and red tents from afar, she had a newfound spirit in her step - the prospect of some food and a chair really raised her spirits.

As they pass a tree, Lucy stops and turns as a Dryad forms and waves to her, she waves back just as Anne turns around "Come on Lou!" Lucy runs ahead to meet her sister, grabbing her hand before they enter the camp.

Centaurs, Bears, Fauns all stop what they are doing as the children pass through, they start to follow them,

"Why are they all staring at us?" Susan asks nervously