Witch

Anne had returned to her tent after Edmund's return. She'd opened her book, and had started to mix together some remedies to try out on a small scratch she had on her knee from falling from the tree earlier in the day. Oreius had been kind enough to give her a small leather satchel, where she could store her book and some vials. 

After the scratch had been disinfected, Anne walked out and towards where Edmund was staying, she smiled at those around her, many bowing and referring to her as 'Princess'. Anne is quiet when she enters the boy's tent, unsure if Edmund was sleeping yet. It appears he isn't, and instead is in some clothes gifted by the Narnians, struggling with the ties on this tunic.

"Let me help," Edmund jumps slightly, but turns to his sister, letting her create a neat bow on the front of his chest "There," she smiles at him, then pulls out a small pot of white cream "This should fix you right up," she opens the pot, but he flinches away, she rolls her eyes "I tested it on myself first. If you put it on, and sleep for a bit, your lip should be looking much better. Then we can get you some food,"

"Go on then," he pouts, and Anne takes a wad of cream on her pointer finger, gently massaging it into the area around Edmund's eye, he looks up at her "You're acting like mum,"

"That used to annoy you," she laughs

"I does," he grumbles "But...You're just trying to help, I'm sor-" Anne interrupts him but putting the cream on his lips

"There," she smiles "No talking," she pockets the cream again, leaving the tent "Have a nap!"

✵⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✵⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✵

Later, in the afternoon, the Pevensies are sat on a picnic blanket, around a low table, eating brunch. Edmund munches hungrily on some buttered toast.

"Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed," Lucy laughs

"I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back," Peter says from behind them, leaning against a rock with a silver cup.

"We're going home?" Susan asks

"You are. I promised Mum I'd keep you three safe," he sits with them " But it doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help,"

"But they need us. All five of us,"

"Lucy, it's too dangerous. You almost drowned! Edmund was almost killed!"

"Which is why we have to stay," Edmund speaks up, they all turn to him, his face looking much better "I've seen what the White Witch can do. And I've helped her do it. And we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it," Lucy holds Ed's hand and Susan stands

"Well, I suppose that's it then,"

"Where are you going?"

She picks up her bow and quiver "To get in some practice,".

✵⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✵⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✵

Anne and Lucy followed Susan to the training area, whilst Susan practised with her own Bow, Anne had been given a dark wood one on short notice - she watched a faun carve a small flower on it for her.

Susan fires an arrow which hits just off-centre, and Lucy takes out her dagger and grins, the dagger hits the bullseye. Anne cheers, and then takes out her own bow, she points at a different target and lets go of the string.

It hits off centre to the right - opposite to Susan.

"Seems only me and Lusan need to practice," in the distance, Peter and Edmund ride horses at full gallop, they wheel around, practicing sword fighting.

"Come on, Ed! Swordpoint up, like Oreius showed us,"

"En garde!"

"Now block!"

"Hey!" Anne laughs, watching them both get along for the first time in a long time, she sees Mr Beaver run up to them.

"Peter! Edmund! The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan. She's on her way here!" The children turn to each other in shock, Anne runs down the cliff, and towards the tents, Peter and Edmund put their horses back.

All five children arrive just in time to see the Witch carried in on a small wooden throne, The Narnians assembled outside Aslan's camp scream at her as she passes.

"Jadis, the Queen of Narnia! Empress of the Lone Islands! "

"Go away, Witch! You don't belong here! Go away!"

The Cyclops' carrying the witch put her down, and she stands, walking towards Aslan who waits on the little rock plateau that his tent was on.

"You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan," she looks directly at Edmund, and Anne pulls him closer to her, glaring at the witch.

"His offence was not against you,"

"Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?"

"Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch. I was there when it was written!"

Jadis is taken aback slightly, but turns back to Edmund " Then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me. His blood is my property,"

Peter steps forward and draws his sword "Try and take him then!"

"Do you think that mere force will deny me my right...Little King?" she glances at Anne and her protective arms over Edmund "Princess. Aslan knows that unless I have blood, as the law demands," she turns to face the crowd "all of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water. That boy will die on the Stone Table!" she points at Edmund "...As is tradition. You dare not refuse me,"

"Enough. I shall talk with you alone!" Aslan orders.

The negotiations seemed to take ages, the children had taken to sitting on the floor and picking at the grass.

"Do you think she'll kill me?" Edmund asks quietly

"No," Anne says fiercely, "I won't let that happen, Aslan won't let that happen," at her words, gasps fill the ground and The Witch throws open the flaps of the tent. The Pevensies rush to stand, she walks back towards her seat, pausing to look at Edmund.

Aslan walks the edge of the plateau "She has renounced her claim on the Son of Adam's blood,"

Anne grins and grabs Edmund in a hug from the back, the other siblings take turns hugging him as the Narnians cheer

"How will I know your promise will be kept?!" The Witch shouts from by her chair, and Aslan roars - loudly. The White Witch sits down suddenly in shock and the camp laughs, as everyone celebrates, Anne looks up at Aslan, she sees him standing alone, looking rather sad before going back into his tent. Lucy has noticed too, but holds her sister's hand, bringing her back into the celebration.