Step two

By the water Emma walks up to Henry who is sitting on the edge a big wooden castle. She sits down next to him with the book in her hands. "You left this in my car" Emma said handing him the book. They both look at the clock tower, the arms have yet to move. "I was hoping that when I brought you back, things would change here. That the final battle would begin" "I'm not fighting any battles kid." Henry looks at Emma "yes you are, you're here because it's your destiny, you and my mom have to bring back the happy endings" "can you cut it with the book crap" Emma says annoyed "you don't have to be hostile. I know you like me, I can tell. You're just pushing me away because I make you feel guilty. It's ok. I know why you gave me away, you wanted to give me my best chance." Emma looks back at the clock tower. "How do you know that." "It's the same reason Snow White gave you and Michael away." Emma look back at Henry confused "who's Michael?" "Your brother" Emma scoffs "listen to me kid. I am not in any book, I'm a real person, and I'm know savior. You were right about one thing though... I wanted you to have your best chance. But it's not with me. Come on let's go" Emma says jumping off the platform. "Please don't take me back there. Just stay with me for one week, that's all I ask. One week and you'll see we're not crazy" "I have to get you back to your mom and your grandma" "you don't know what it's like with her, my life sucks" "oh you want to know what sucking is? Being left abandoned on the side of a freeway, my parents didn't even bother to drop me off at a hospital. I ended up in the foster system, and I had family till I was three but then they had there own kid so they sent my back. Look your grandma is trying her best. I know it's hard, and I know sometimes you think she doesn't love you, but at least she wants you." "Your parents didn't leave you on the side of the freeway, that's just where you came through." "What." Emma said confused. "The wardrobe, when you came through the wardrobe you appeared in the street. Your parents were trying to save you from the curse." Emma sighs "sure they were. Come on Henry." Emma stands up straight and starts walking away Henry follows her and grabs her hand as they both walk together.

At Cora's house she opens the door. Henry runs in side to Regina. Emma stands on the path looking in the house. Cora terns to her and says "thank you. He seemed to have taken quite a shine to you" Emma smiles "you know what's crazy? Yesterday was my birthday, and when I blew out the candle on this cupcake I brought myself. I actually made a wish, that I didn't have to be alone on my birthday. And then Henry showed up" she said happily "I hope there's no misunderstanding here." "I'm sorry?" Emma said confused "well don't mistake this as some invitation back into his life" "oh-" "Miss Swan you made a distinction ten years ago, and in the last decade while you've been... well who knows what you've been doing. Regina has changed every diaper, soothed every fever, endured every tantrum. You my have given birth to him but he is her son, and my grandson." "I was not-" "no you don't get to speak, you don't get to do anything, you gave up that right when you tossed him away. Do you know what a closed adoption is? It's what you asked for, you have no legal right to Henry and you're going to be held to that. So I suggest you get in your car and you leave this town, because if you don't, I will destroy you if it is the last thing I do. Goodbye Miss Swan." Then Cora turned around to leave, when Emma asked "do you love him?" "Excuse me" Cora said angrily "Henry, do you love him?" She said again. "Of course I love him" Cora said then she turned around and shut the door.

Henry and Finnick are sat at window in Henry's room watching the clock tower. Emma then enters granny's bed and breakfast. Granny and her granddaughter, Ruby are arguing. Then Emma gets granny's attention "excuse me? I'd like a room." Granny goes silent then Ruby peeks her head around the corner "really?" Granny said surprised "would you like a forest view or a square view. Normally there's an upgrade fee for the square but as rent is due I'll wave it" "square is fine" Emma said "now what's the name?" "Swan, Emma Swan." "Emma. What a lovely name" a man said from behind them "thanks" she says in return. He smiles, granny gets some money out of the drawer and gives it to the man. "It's all here." "Yes. Yes of course it is dear, thank you. You enjoy your stay... Emma." He says and walks away "who's that?" said Emma "mr gold he owns this place." Ruby said "the inn?" "No the town. So how long will you be with us?" Granny asks "a week. just a week." "Great!" Granny said smiling. She grabs a key and hands it to Emma "welcome to Storybrooke." Finally after 25 years the clock on the tower moves signaling 8:28. Finnick and Henry high-five each other knowing step two is complete.