3

16 August 2022 (X)

16 August 2022 (X)

He walked into the room, his footsteps echoing against the walls. His back is straight with confidence and his shoulders are held up high. His eyes showed no fear but rather, determination. He knew why he was being called in and he was excited. Excited for the day to finally come. He had gone through 786 days of training, building up his stamina, powering up his strength and...cutting his contacts. He cannot have any distractions until this is over. He made a promise and he will do anything to keep it.

He halted at the foot of the stairs leading to the room's elevated part. In the middle, sat a black wooden table beautifully laminated. It shimmered under the moonlight that reached into the room from the window behind. At either end of the windows were symmetrical towering bookshelves made from the same laminated black wood. On the cushioned chair behind the table, a woman was reading a book.

Bury the Bloodshed

Her navy blue hair sparkled as it made its way down to her chin, bringing out her sharp jawline. Her pale skin glowed in the dark, bringing out the emerald green eyes she possessed. Sapphire earrings swayed gently from her small ears, matching the sapphire necklace that hung from her neck. Her eyes travelled away from the book and looked down at the man who stood at the foot of the stairs. Her light pink lips curved up to a smirk.

"Someone looks excited," she smirked, "Looks like all that training paid off, after all."

"I told you I am a fast learner," he mirrored her smirk, "I said that I only needed two years."

"And you kept your word. I have to admit, I am impressed. You started as a nobody and you became my right hand in just two years. That's a record that should go into the book," she praised, "Since you have carried out my orders for two years, without fail, time for me to fulfil my side of the deal. My spies have tracked down the location of all 3 of them and will deliver their location to you. Torture them as much as you want but don't make a mess."

"I will finish them nice and quiet," he nodded, "I'll bring their ashes to you in perfect condition."

"Yes please, I am running out of ashes to mix into my father's coffee," she smirked, "Since this mission is very special, I have prepared a small gift for you."

"You...have?" he asked, caught by surprise.

"Go to the cabinet behind you and open the door. There awaits, your gift." she pointed towards the wooden cabinet behind him.

He turned around and cautiously walked towards the cabinet, not entirely sure what to expect. For his two years of service, he has never once been given a gift by her directly. His rewards were usually placed on his bed along with a small note, all delivered by her butler. His rewards weren't huge. Just a few days off to visit his family, a new painting set for him to paint or just a set of branded clothing and accessories. The notes were always the same.

Your hard work will always be rewarded.

He flung the doors of the cabinet open and his eyes went wide. He dropped to his knees as he ran his finger along the lines of glistening silver. The cross-guard was ebony black, decorated with blood-red ruby jewels. The grip was firm and cushioned, to avoid straining his palms. The grip was also black with golden swirls etched on to form the words, 'Drago Cremisi' and finally the pommel. A black dragon head with crimson jewels for eyes. Laying beside this magnificent craftwork was its twin. Two twin daggers custom-made for him, that was her gift.

"I saw the painting in your room," she smiled, satisfied at his reaction, "Two twin daggers that bend under the command of the 'Drago Cremisi'. The ruby jewels match your eyes, don't you think? You better take good care of them. Cost me a fortune to get them custom-made for you."

"How can I ever repay you?" he asked as he lifted both the daggers with utmost care as if they might break under his touch.

"Make them bleed and burn them as they beg for mercy," she commanded, "It's time to avenge your father's death. I want you to laugh like how they laughed when they watched your father burn into ashes. I want to feel their ashes."

"I will avenge his death," he vowed, "And I will bring back their ashes as a souvenir."

"Good," she smirked, "Run along now, I don't want to be wasting any more of your time."

He turned towards the door and began walking towards it. He stopped before the door and rested his free hand on the doorknob.

"Lady Trans," he called out.

"Yes, darling?" she purred.

"Enjoying your birthday present?" he smirked as he eyed the book in her hands.

"I must say, Cassian. You have a marvellous taste. So much murder, so much blood, so twisted, so sick. Once I'm done with it, I want to meet the woman who wrote this messed-up fantasy. I have a feeling that we might get along very well," she twirled her chair around to face the window, "Now if you would excuse me, I have some reading to do."

"Anything for you," he whispered as he walked out of the room and quietly closed the door behind him, "I bet she would be thrilled to meet you too."