14

17th August 2022 (X)

Cynthia sat down on Cassian's bed as she patiently waited for him to finish his shower. The rest of the car ride was silent as Cynthia didn't know how to respond. What was she supposed to respond? Was she supposed to thank him for reading all her books?

Not only that, Cynthia felt flustered. Yes, she used his identity as a character in her latest novel and yes, that novel's motive was based on them being childhood friends and his disappearance. At that time, she didn't think much about it since apparently, he didn't exist in the real world. Now, Cynthia had no idea what she was going to do if Cassian decided to sue her or worse, tease her about it for the rest of her life.

Cassian brought her to his room in an isolated hotel further from the heart of the city. It was smaller than her hotel room but it was cosy. If anything, she liked this room more than hers, except for the teddy bear back in her room. Once Cassian comes out of that bathroom, she is going to demand him to go get her teddy bear.

That is if she can look him in the eye first.

On cue, the bathroom door opened and out came Cassian wearing a white tank top with grey cotton shorts while aggressively rubbing his wet ebony black hair with his white towel. The last time Cynthia saw him, his hair reached the back of his ears but now it had grown almost twice its length and was surprisingly straighter than a pole. What conditioner does he use? Why wasn't Cynthia's copper hair as luxuriant as his?

"You can take a shower if you want," Cassian beckoned towards the empty bathroom.

"Sir, it is almost midnight," Cynthia pointed out.

"What's your point?"

"Who takes a shower at midnight?"

"Um, me?" Cassian replied sitting down next to Cynthia, "And Rosaline Sparks."

Damn it, Cynthia cursed, He is going to tease me for life.

"I never forgot you," Cassian admitted looking straight at Cynthia who avoided his gaze, "I mean, how could I? You impacted my life so much, that it would be impossible to forget you. I thought about you every day and reading your novels was a way to keep myself in touch with you. Look, I know there are probably millions of thoughts running through your head and you are probably assuming the worst possible scenarios. I know whatever apology I give you now won't erase my abandonment or earn your forgiveness. But I want you to know that I never once forgotten you. I will never forget you."