9

17 August 2022 (X)

17 August 2022 (X)

"You have to get out, now. You can stay in my car until I get back," Cassian grabbed Cynthia by the arm and shoved his car keys into her palm.

"But my things...the teddy bear. I will not leave without the teddy bear!" Cynthia exclaimed but Cassian just pulled her towards the door.

"We can get the stupid bear later, for now, just stay in my car," Cassian shoved Cynthia out of the door and quietly closed it.

"Cassie! I can't go out like this!" Cynthia whisper-shouted.

"Here," Cassian threw her his black leather jacket, "Wear this for now."

"But-,"

"Cynthia, for the love of God, please just go to the parking lot and sit in my car like a good girl. I will explain later," Cassian pushed Cynthia towards the elevator.

"Where are the bodyguards?" Cynthia asked.

"They are alive, don't worry," Cassian pushed the elevator button and the golden doors slid open.

"My phone?" Cynthia asked as she got pushed into the elevator.

"Later," Cassian replied as the doors of the elevators sealed shut.

He stood there and watched the numbers above the elevator begin to change. He waited patiently until the decreasing numbers stopped at the basement parking lot. He turned around and crept towards room number 24A, a lingering dread burning inside him. This has to be a coincidence. There was no way they would go after her. He has been cautious for the past two years and disabled Cynthia from his life to protect her from all this. It was a painful yet necessary action to take.

Then... what is this coincidence?

Cassian? Are you there? Hello? Please tell me you are alive.

"Hey, Cain," Cassian turned on the microphone by using his phone, "Tell me the coordinates of the guy on the other side of the room."

Sleeping.

"Good, now will you do me a favour?" Cassian asked.

Anything.

"Stop monitoring me," Cassian ordered, "And get me information about Teyvant Publishing Company? I want history as well as the people who work there. Everything. I want every piece of information you dig up. Do you copy?"

Loud and clear, underboss.

Cassian switched off the mic and turned off the earpiece. He looked towards room number 24A and a sinister smile crept up on his face.

"Hope you enjoyed your last supper, Hamill."