Guilty Feeling

Kayla stared at her laptop screen with her jaw dropped, unable to close her mouth. What did it get this bad? What changed?

She was looking at her grades, receiving a D on her last paper. On top of that, there were 2 assignments with 0's that she forgot to do. She felt so guilty. Usually she's not like this. She maintained a 3.3 GPA, usually having a B or higher on all her assignments, C at the very lowest.

She also looked around her room. Clothes scattered all over the floor, collection of water bottles taking up space on her nightstand. Her bedroom used to be so organized and clean when she lived at home.

She puts her elbows on the desk, resting her face into her palms. "What the fuck is wrong with me?" She asks herself. Kayla felt like she was slipping from her usual well organized good student self and was starting to become a lazy slob. "Where did it go wrong?"

Kayla starts to think back to when she still lived with her parents. She remembers being a great student in high school, room always clean and clothes put away, even after high school. She remembered that she occasionally got spanked for bad behavior or for her room being messy, but she hadn't been spanked since her sophomore year of high school. Even then, the looming threat that she could've gotten her ass busted at a moments notice seemed to keep her in line.

"That's it" she says to herself. Since she moved from her parent's house, that looming idea of being punished had been taken away, and she began to get sloppy with her school work and chores.

She steps away from her desk, going to lay down in her bed. She lays on her side, heavily in thought.

"Do you think?" She starts talking out loud to herself. "No, I'd be too embarrassed to ask. But I mean, he didn't hesitate before, even if it was just for fun. And it's not like he..." she stops herself mind thought, remembering a memory she tried to push out of her head. She can feel her cheeks burning red just thinking about it.

She lays in bed for about an hour, arguing with herself before she finally sits up. "I'm going to do it."

She crawls out of bed. She goes into her bathroom, fixing her hair from laying in bed, making herself look like she wasn't just in a deep stressed state. "He's your best friend. Worst he can say is no. But you know he'll understand." She preps herself in the mirror.

Kayla walks out of her room, walking over to Matt's bedroom. His door is open, and she sees him sitting at his desk playing video games.

"Hey Matty. Can I talk to you about something?"