1

Grandpa and I are walking along the beach behind his house talking "How are you feeling today my little huntress?" He asked his arm looped with mine "I'm good, How are you doing today?" Grandpa has dementia it's not easy to watch him deteriorate, ...

Grandpa and I are walking along the beach behind his house talking "How are you feeling today my little huntress?" He asked his arm looped with mine "I'm good, How are you doing today?" Grandpa has dementia it's not easy to watch him deteriorate, Dad wanted to put him in a home I told him no and Grandpa told him to fuck off literally.

Since he has dementia everyone treats him as if he's glass because with one wrong step, he'll break or as if he's an alien which is fucking ridiculous but I'm the only one to treat him normally. "I'm doing fine today, my little huntress better than ever because I've got you here with me." making me laugh "You excited to go to Wales to visit the children's home?" he asked "Of course it'll be amazing to see where you grew up."  

Grandpa was born in Poland at a very dangerous time when Hitler was on the rise, both of his parents sent him over to Wales for safety knowing they wouldn't make it out. A woman by the name of Alma Peregrine found him at the refugee camp and took him back with her to raise him alongside the other peculiar children.

He had this ability to see the 'monsters' named Hollow and he was able to protect the others because he had the sight. Grandpa would tell me stories about his time there and how he fell in love with the eldest girl named Emma she was lighter than air so she'd had to wear lead shoes to keep her on the ground.

On September 3rd 1943 a bomb was dropped by the Nazis on the children's home and Grandpa knew from there he had to protect both the people from the Nazis and the hollow which brings us to today.

"How many do we have left?" he asked, "Five, I've got five left before hitting the big five." nodding my head "Good job my little huntress." smiling at him "I've learnt from the best Grandpa since I was twelve. Perhaps you know him?" Hearing him laugh knowing this would be the last time "No I don't think I know him." throwing my head back full of laughter

"I can't wait to meet them they sound lovely." dipping our feet in the water "And you will in a few days little huntress, I think you and Enoch would be a beautiful couple it's going to be love at sight I can see it now. Enoch, he's a stubborn boy don't forget that." Shaking my head "Why is it because I'm full of sunshine and he's a storm, also isn't he the resident dead raiser?" he laughs

"Yes, but you know what they say opposites attract." bending down and picking up a starfish that came to me "How are the visions?" my smile dimmed. I've got several peculiarities I can see the hollows and I can control the ocean "They've become more frequent it's no longer they come when I sleep they've been happening when I'm awake sometimes even when I touch something it's weird."

"How long and who?" Grandpa "Barron and the Hollow called Malthus, you've got three months left and I won't be here to help you." smiling at him " Don't feel guilty, I knew this was coming little huntress. Have you ever wondered why the ocean calls to you?" he asked shaking my head "No." looking at the sun that's slowly setting "It's because you were born out there." pointing to the ocean "What?" I ask