𝟎𝟎𝟔. 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞

𝕬urora settles into the booth, June sliding in on her right with Chelsea following but her attention gets caught by a scowling Luke side stepping Jack to sit down to her left

Jack rolls his eyes, a smirk ghosting his lips as he sits beside Luke and Emma reluctantly takes the empty seat right next to Jack.

Luke adjusts his entire six foot two inch frame in the cushions beside Aurora, his bare arm accidentally brushing hers as he struggles to fit his legs under the table.

"Can you scoot?", he gestures for Jack to give him some space but the older Hughes simply shrugs.

"If I scoot any more, I'll be touching Emma and I don't think she wants me anywhere near her".

"Damn right I don't", the blonde remarks perusing the menu.

Jack tilts his head in a 'see?' motion and curls back into his seat, apparently struggling with the same problem as Luke's.

Luke's gaze turns to his right, catching onto Aurora shamelessly staring at him.

He bites his lip, glancing over her shoulder before looking down at her again.

"Can you scoot?".

She snorts looking to June, "Is there space?".

June pretends to glance between her and Chelsea then shakes her head.

"Nope".

"Chelsea's small. How's there no space there? You're both tiny", Luke frowns.

June's eyes snap up, her gaze narrowing as she stares at her best friend.

"There is no space, Luke".

"Let me see—", he attempts to lean up only for the table to knock into Aurora's elbow in the process.

"Ouch".

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry", he quickly sits back with wide eyes, she shrugs it off and rubs her elbow but her hand immediately freezes when his palm comes down over hers.

His hand is warm and so big against her fingers, his touch enveloping her skin in a comforting manner and she almost finds herself enjoying the feeling of his skin on hers.

Him touching her after so long.

Is she close to ovulation? Because that could be the only reason for her to be feeling this way right now.