𝟎𝟎𝟗. 𝐣𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐲

𝕿he doorbell rings gaining Aurora's attention and she saunters over in confusion because she hasn't been expecting anyone today

Opening the door reveals a familiar face and the second it registers with her brain she grins throwing her arms around him and pulling him into a hug.

"At least let me get inside, Rora", Nico chuckles returning her hug and she tightens her hold before relaxing and stepping back allowing him to enter.

"You're early".

"Yep. Thought I'd fly in earlier and spend some time with you before training camp. I've missed you".

Her smile widens, shutting the door as she guides him in, "So, you admit you can't live without me".

He rolls his eyes, holding up the two paper bags in his hand.

"Don't gloat. I brought food. And something else".

"You got me a gift?".

"Well", his brows furrow, "I mean, you specifically asked for it but sure".

She eagerly accepts one of the bags and ruffles inside, grabbing the red material and bringing it out to survey.

A Devils jersey.

She blinks staring at the jersey, her gaze trailing to the sleeves and her breath gets caught at the sight.

43.

It's Luke's jersey and though she'd impulsively asked Nico for it a few days ago it is still difficult to come to terms with the fact that she did that.

She asked for Luke's jersey and now she has it.

And boy is it beautiful.

A laugh escapes her lips and she turns to the back, admiring the huge Hughes and 43 imprinted on it.

She presses her lips together to contain the squeal bubbling up inside her.

"You're gonna wear it to the games, aren't you", Nico sighs, not even questioning it.

Her eyes sharply return to his.

"Well . . . . no. I'll wear yours".

He snorts.

"I'm not going to force you to wear mine. It's fine".