Prologue

It was a peaceful place. The opposite of before. The opposite of noise, screaming and panic.
   The sea stretched as far as the eye could see, reflecting the sky. On which you could walk.

   And that's what she did. Walking. She had just been shot, and all suffering stopped immediately. Immediate, quick death. She had been lucky.
   From now on, she walked in what she deduced to be the "afterlife". And she appreciated that peace. Many people would probably miss her, but that didn't matter. There was no going back.

   As she continued to venture into the infinite water before her, she stopped dead in her tracks. The blue water was tinged with purple. Blood. Panic rose within her. She began to follow the traces of blood before looking down in horror.
   In a pool of blood, breathing heavily, lay a young man dressed in white. He had heard the footsteps coming closer. He looked up, exhausted by the loss of blood.
    -...
    -... Kaito... Kid... she said

   There was a silence, a surprisingly light silence.
   -How do you... Do you know me? the boy finally asked.
   -I...
   She hesitated to answer, her gaze troubled. Then she shook her head and looked at Kaito.
   -I come from another world... Or... You're just a fictional character...
   As she spoke, she didn't know whether she was tensing up or relaxing. As for the boy dressed in white, he widened his eyes before smiling slightly.

   -And what happened to you... ? she asked.
   Kaito took a forced breath, grimacing. A stony, suffering breath.
   -I think I'm dying... But I was wondering if our meeting wasn't due to fate... if... If you really do come from another world... Your... Your powers must be different from my world...
   -What? she asked.
   She tilted her head to one side, more surprised by the brunet's revelation than he was by hers.

   He struggled to get up, his body feeling heavy. She lowered herself to his level, so that he wouldn't have to exert himself any further. Panic seized her.
   -You... You can't die! You can't...
  He put his hand close to her mouth, forcing her to be silent.
   -Do you know the principle... of listening to your heart? he asked.
   -... Do you? Erm... Y... Yeah?
   -Mine's telling me to... you my place... It doesn't seem... to be just my body that's hurt... but it also seems... to be the case with my soul... Yours... doesn't seem to be... It's just the two of us here, and given our situations... I feel I have to leave you my body...

   Was Kaito delirious? Was he delirious from blood loss? She didn't want to believe it. She didn't want to believe what he was saying.
   -Our meeting... was no accident... Can I trust you... ? I'm giving you my body... But I... Can I ask you for something... in return?
   -Don't say things like that! You don't have the right to die! Kaito Kid!
   She didn't know how to act in the face of so much information. She thought she understood the links he was making, that he was trying to explain, but it was still hard to believe.

   Just as she was about to continue talking, she noticed that Kaito's feet were starting to become transparent. He was disappearing.
   -You have powers from another world... It should be possible... You... If you don't want to... at least do this to bring me back... You should be able to find something capable of bringing my soul back... But all I ask... if that's not possible... is to find Pandora... So... please...
   Suddenly, the thief began to cough up blood as his hands began to turn transparent.

   -...
   -I feel... that if I disappear it will be too late... I don't want to... I don't want... I don't think you wanted... to die too... If you're facing me... So... as long as...
   -All right, then.
   Kaito looked up, surprised. As for her, her gaze was serious and filled with sorrow.
   -I refuse to let you die... I will... I will find Pandora, and I will find a way to bring you back! So until that day... Wait!
   He looked at her, before lowering his head, a relieved smile appearing. Relieved and sad.
   -I'm sorry for... burden you... But... live your life... instead of me... and thank you...

   The young boy seemed to faint. Just as she was about to catch up with him, a light dazzled her. She instinctively closed her eyes, without really understanding what was happening to her.

   She slowly opened her eyes, finding herself staring at the ceiling. She let her mind become clear again. A dream... was it a dream?
   -A power from another world huh... She mumbled.
   She was surprised. Her voice... it wasn't the voice she had. It was more... masculine.
   She jumped to her feet and winced in pain. She put her hand on the painful area before looking under her pyjamas.

   Bandages. She had bandages on her chest. Bandages tinted red. And on closer inspection, it wasn't a woman's body.
   She widened her eyes before looking down at her hands and touching her face.
   -What the...?
   She got up carefully so as not to hurt herself and looked for the bathroom, which took her some time to find. Once she'd found it, she looked in the mirror.

   That reflection... it wasn't hers...

   The reflection was that of Kuroba Kaito.

   It was not a dream.