Chapter 1

She looked at herself incredulously in the mirror. So it wasn't a dream. She had indeed become Kaito...
   But... Compared to what he had said... Was it really because she came from another world that this had been possible? She refused to believe it. Although she remembered well her discussion with Kaito, it was all a blur. She wasn't sure she'd understood everything. All she could confirm was that it was all true.

   Taking a deep breath, she removed her pyjama top to look at her wounds. Or at least the bandages. They covered a large area of his body, although the pain was greatest near his heart.
   Unlike her, the young boy had been in agony... Agonised long enough to go home, unless it was she who had unconsciously done so. But whatever, it was all the same.

   How this could have happened was the new question she asked herself. She would certainly have the answer in time.
   In any case, she knew that she would save Kaito. She would find a way to bring him back... and to find Pandora...

   -Ka-i-tooo! If you don't hurry up, we're going to be late!
   She was startled and turned her head towards the source of the noise. It was at the entrance. And it was Aoko's voice.
   -...
   Panic rose inside her, realising that she was going to have to play the role of Kuroba Kaito every day. She didn't behave like him, and she didn't know how.
   -How am I supposed to handle this... she muttered.
   She looked away a little, searching for an answer.
   -Yeah, I'm coming!

   Kaito's voice sounded so strange to her ears. She was used to hearing it from the anime, Magic Kaito 1412 and Detective Conan. But hearing it coming from her gave her such a strange sensation.

   Without further ado, she ran into the room, remembering what door it was. Then she hurriedly searched the uniform, making sudden movements that brought back the pain from her wound. But she was panicked and had no choice but to hurry.
   Once she'd found the uniform, she hurried to put it on and headed for the entrance, which took her a little while to find.
   -S... Sorry... She said once she was facing Aoko.
   -... Since when do you apologise for that...?

   Ah... Apparently she'd made a mistake. It had been a reflex for her, to tell the truth. It was quite normal to apologise for keeping someone waiting.
   Although it was true that this was not part of Kaito's behaviour. How was she supposed to improvise...?

   -Ah... er... I...
   -Well, hurry up or we'll be really late!
   Aoko turned away from the boy and walked away. As for her... she was somewhere between relieved at not having to justify herself and panicking at the idea of spending the day having to take on someone else's role.

   It was going to be a long day...

   No sooner had she and Aoko arrived at the classroom than she tensed up again. The road had been quiet, and she'd barely spoken to Kaito's friend. But now she was going to have to deal with the whole class, especially Akako and Hakuba, hoping the latter was in London.

   She looked at the seats, not knowing where hers was. From memory, Kaito sat towards the window, at the back of the class. But she didn't know which row in particular.
   Aoko just sat there, turning her gaze to Kaito, raising her eyebrows slightly. She thought he looked strange.
   -Are you all right? she asked.

   She gasped and turned to her comrade. What was she supposed to say? She didn't want to act weird, but it was impossible. She wasn't Kaito. She only had his appearance.
   -I... I just think I'm getting sick...
   She laughed nervously, hoping the lie would go away.
   -... If you say so. Replied the brunette, looking unconvinced.
   She stopped herself from laughing even more nervously and moved towards the window to open it and get some fresh air.

   Not at all suspicious.

   She wasn't at all suspicious of her actions as Kaito. But she hadn't even had time to fully grasp her situation before she was already on her way to school. It was so cruel on the one hand.
   She would have liked to leave, using her "illness" as an excuse, but right now it was going to be complicated and she couldn't use that excuse forever, let alone avoid Aoko. If she avoided her comrade, it would be even more suspicious. Especially now that she was her neighbour, not Kaito...

   It was complicated. Too complicated. She didn't know what had gone through her mind to agree, but she was determined to save Kaito. Even if she would have preferred to do something other than take his body.
   And then how was she going to find Pandora and a way of bringing Kaito's soul back into his body?

   She sighed, looking in the direction of the buildings opposite. She was going to have to manage. She'd already read a few manga about soul-swapping like that, but had never really finished them. She'd read more isekai, especially Detective Conan fanfiction. So in a way she was reincarnated...
   -Why did it have to be us of all people... She sighed.

   Someone approached Kaito, who turned his head and almost jumped. That long dark hair... Here was one of the people she wanted to avoid.

   Koizumi Akako.

   It was already a bad day, too many things were happening, and Akako had to be there. Couldn't she breathe a little, just long enough to assimilate all the events?
   Fate had decided otherwise. But after all, it wasn't unusual to meet a classmate. Even if she would really have preferred to avoid it.

   -I see you managed to survive, Kaito Kid.
   She swallowed, not quite sure how to act.
   -A- Akako- I don't know what you're talking about...
   -There's no need to keep pretending you don't know... I seem to have done the right thing in warning you...

  She says nothing. She doesn't dare say anything. It's even more suspicious, but if she were to make a mistake... Besides, as far as the witch is concerned, it wouldn't take long to find out what happened.
   Maybe... maybe she could ask her for help? Maybe Akako could bring back Kaito's soul, since she's a witch. But... on the one hand she couldn't trust her, if she really could...

   The situation was most complex...