Chapter 16: The other woman

vote and comment❄️

Ishan's pov:

"Are there any reservations for today?" I asked the manager of the restaurant.

I promised a date to Kaira today and this being our first date, I'll make it special for the both of us.

I didn't even know how it happened. Just one look at her and I just blurted it out. If asking her out for a date would earn me a peck to the cheek then I would take her to dates every second of the day.

"I'm sorry sir" The guy said "We're fully booked"

"Cancel all the bookings" I told him and kept my card in between my fingers "I need this place all to my wife and myself today"

"But sir that would—"

"10lakh works? Or do you need more? But I don't think even a week's full booking would get you that much?"I did the math "Even so, this might be your only chance to demand for more, and that's excluding the tip" I gave him a crooked smile.

The guy cancelled all the bookings. I asked him to hire some musicians, only the underrated ones who might need some help and a platform to showcase their talent.

The next stop was a stall where I saw jhumke. I've seen her wear bangles and jhumke a lot. It's almost always matching.

I'm not sure if she would wear it but I got a saree for her. I didn't tell her and kept it in her closet when she was sleeping.

I went with my instincts and bought jhumke for her that would match with the saree I bought her if she wears it.

Not just one but I bought a LOT. Enough to last me atleast a month. I made a reminder in my phone to come back here the next month.

My phone started ringing:

"Yes, Kartik?" I put the phone to my ear
There was a little background noise in the back "Where are you?" He asked.
"I'm driving, why?" I told him and turned right.

"Where are you going?" He asked.
"Kyu? Biwi hai tu meri? Sab batau tujhe?"
"Saale seedhe muh baat karna is such an impossible task for you"
("Why? are you my wife? I'll tell you everything?"
"Speaking straightforward is such an impossible task for you")

"Is it urgent?" I asked him.
"Nahi nahi, mujhe to bas teri yaad aari thi. Teri shaadi k baad mujhe time nahi dera tu. I'm suddenly the other woman" He said sarcastically.
(No no, I was just missing you. You're not giving me enough time after your wedding. I'm suddenly the other woman)

"Shut up Kartik" I groaned.
"Get here in 15"
"Oye bhai mai nahi aa raha, I have a date with my wife"
(I'm not coming, I have a date with my wife)

I could imaging him smirking as he said "Get her flowers"
"I already did, asshole"
I realised that he was taking care of Vivaan and he might have had his phone on speaker as he said "Yes vivaan, chachu said a bad word. chachu is bad" I heard him say "Thanks a lot Ishan, now my kid won't stop saying asshole"

I laughed out loudly as Kartik ended the call and he'll have to try so hard so that Vivaan doesn't say asshole the whole day.

Krish, Kartik, Ishita bhabhi and Anika bhabhi are yet to meet Kaira officially yet.

I introduced them to her on our wedding day but honestly speaking we were both out of our minds that day.

I speed up the car as it was close to 7 and I don't want her to think I cancelled without telling her or that i simply just forgot.

I parked the car and picked up the flowers.

Just as I entered, I saw her climbing down the stairs.
I stood transfixed at the foot of the stairs, my heart pounding in my chest strongly.