CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

CAUSING ME SEVERE HEAD TRAUMA WON'T IMPROVE MY MEMORY
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

CAUSING ME SEVERE HEAD TRAUMA WON'T IMPROVE MY MEMORY✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Jedi Temple, Coruscant, 7956 C.R.C

Being called to attend a meeting with the Jedi Council somehow always made Kaia concerned that she'd accidentally done something wrong — which was more nerve-wracking than all the times she actually had done something; then she at least knew what accusations to defend herself against.

Though, Kaia didn't show any hint of any emotion as she stepped into the council chamber and walked into the centre. "You summoned me, Masters," she bowed respectfully, focusing her attention on Master Yoda and Windu.

"That we did," Yoda said. "A mission for you, we have."

"Are you familiar with Senator Rush Clovis?" Windu asked, getting straight to the point.

"Clovis," Kaia repeated, somewhat recognising the name but she couldn't quite place where she'd heard it; politicians that didn't stand out all blended together for her these days.

"He's the representative of the Banking Clan," Windu clarified. "And Senator of Scipio."

"I might have heard of him," Kaia said. The Inter-Galactic Banking Clan was after all one of the most important organisations in the Outer Rim. "Is he in need of protection?"

"We believe he is conspiring with Separatists," Windu said bluntly.

"Involved with the Separatist, the Banking Clan is," Yoda confirmed. "Discover the truth in this matter, we must. But treat Senator Clovis as a criminal, we can not."

"The slightest misstep could cause a major incident," Obi-Wan added in agreement, only causing Kaia's confusion to grow. The Council clearly wanted to move forward delicately which was quite difficult when sending a Jedi Knight anywhere near a suspect.

"Okay, so you don't want to interrogate him then," Kaia concluded. "What is it you wish for me to do, master?"

"Originally we planned on sending somebody who's not a Jedi to get close to him for us. Someone he wouldn't suspect. But Senator Amidala refused," Windu explained. "So we've decided to take a different path."

"Send you to gather information on Senator Clovis, we will," Yoda revealed. "But as a Jedi, you can't go."

"You want me to be a spy?" Kaia asked, actually growing a little excited by the mission. Fighting battle after battle grew tiresome — but spying sounded more like an adventure than war.

"In a way, yes," Obi-Wan nodded. "Clovis would not keep any evidence of this conspiracy on Coruscant, there is too much of a risk here, but there might be evidence of his correspondence with the Separatists somewhere in his home on Scipio."

"We considered sending General Skywalker or General Kenobi," Windu admitted. "But their efforts in this war have made them rather well known across the galaxy. Therefore, we thought it better to send somebody a bit less – recognisable — if you're seen around the place."