¯·♫¸♪¸ -2-¸♫·♪¸·¯

𝘉𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 the next day, walking at a leisurely pace with no pinafore. Surely if Anne wasn't going to school, she wouldn't either for at least for a day. She didn't know much of this girl to know whether she forgets and forgives.

The girl's steps brought her to the front of Green Gables, where she figured Anne lived. Green Gables was quite the lovely home, it was owned by the Cuthbert siblings who Bella knew well. She climbed over the fence carefully, trying not to fray her clothes. She couldn't afford to waste anything. The Cuthberts were at the porch with a younger boy, the boy seemed to step forward when he saw Bella approach, he quickly stood in his previous spot when she got over.

She spotted Marilla's disapproving glare from afar, it led her to a singing, joyful Anne. "Anne! Whatever are you doing up there?" she said with a stifled laugh. "I'm singing!" Anne replied full of cheer. She shook her head with a smile, her face hurt from smiling, after all those muscles never did it for a miserable while.

"Are you coming back to school?" she asked, looking up at the girl. Anne looked disgusted. "No. I shall never live to see the rat-faced Mr. Phillips!" she exclaimed, full of emotion. "And Gil-, and everybody else!"

"Then I shall not too!" Bella proclaimed. Anne climbed down the shed nimbly. "I've decided I love you as a dear friend, Bella Carter." Bella and Anne nodded in agreement, dear friends were they. Anne seriously looked her in the eye, brilliant blue to gorgeous green. "I need to show you a place so beautiful."

When Anne won Marilla's approval (of which she bickered with shy Matthew with) Anne and Bella stood at the edge of a pretty pond. It was frozen in some parts and snowy on others, yet the magnificent colour remained. "The Lake of Shining Waters..." Anne dramatically said, causing Bella to laugh. "I suppose it's quite pretty," admitted Bella.

"Pretty? It's scrumptiously breathtaking." She looked like she took a bit of offence. The girls played and Bella felt her childhood come running to her. Anne and her were similar in a considerable amount of ways. They parted when they found the sun more than halfway down. She raised her eyebrow to see a pile of clothes on her porch. She ran to it, her heart slightly rising, it immediately sank when she found it was Gilbert.

What is he doing here? She thought, frowning. He was sleeping? Bella tapped his head which was covered by an aegean hat. She crouched beside him. "Come on, wake up!" she told him, getting increasingly more worried. She patted his face and Gilbert opened his eyes with a grin. "Do you normally sleep on people's porches?" she asked seriously. Her poker face turned into a laugh, intending it was a joke. Gilbert's eyes looked too tired for his usual demeanor.

"Why don't you come inside?" she offered. No protests were heard as Gilbert tiredly followed in, she insisted that he sat on the dining table. A sharp pain occurred when he sat where her brother always did. She started preparing stew for an extremely-mourning mother (which was hers, she hate to admit).

"So... how have you and your father been?" Multitasking was a skill that Bella developed. Gilbert didn't reply, she expected the worst. The worst already happened anyway. She turned around, pot in hand, Gilbert slept face down on her dining table. Bella did her head shake. How will she take him home? She dragged his chair and brought it to a couch in the unused parlor. She tried to make him turn into it, succeeding with a proud smile. She didn't want to disturb his sleep, he'll wake up when he does.