¯·♫¸♪¸ -8-¸♫·♪¸·¯

"𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘰𝘰𝘯, 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘺!" 𝘔𝘳. 𝘋𝘶𝘯𝘭𝘰𝘱 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘥, referring to Bella. She stood in the busy kitchen of Green Gables, Anne was a mess from her "adventures" and Marilla was mocking her, lovingly. Mr. Dunlop was one of the two boarders that the Cuthbert's had to admit to pay off the rest of the loan. The cheerful baker seemed kind hearted enough, taking it as his own job's to bake all the goods in the house.

Anne took a liking towards him, Bella couldn't help but too. "Good afternoon!" she exclaimed, Anne stomped around the kitchen in just socks. "Bellis, I had the most adventurous afternoon. You absolutely can't believe what I have discovered. It would have been more memorable if you were present." Bella nodded, with a smile. "I suppose."

The harvest had yet to begin so school was a distant thought, the Carter girl had spent most of her time with Anne and Diana doing exploration and baking. Spending time in Diana's room, Anne's room, even Josie's room which she had invited Bella excludedly. (Her parents still weren't aware that she was the window-breaker.) On the subject of boarders, there was another one. Bella disliked him greatly as he was a suspicious character. His name started with a N (she thought), she didn't know much since she tried to avoid him as much as possible.

The next day, the Cuthbert's already started picking cabbages, Mr. Dunlop was there, of course. Anne was what Marilla called "prancing around", Bella sat on the two step high porch, waiting for Jerry. She turned as she heard the front door open for the geologist to come through. 

This was her first time seeing him fully, he was averagely tall, he had muddy-blue eyes, yet the most prominent feature was the long piece of hair that covered an eye. It was horribly cut (or maybe never cut), Bella could tell he was low maintenance. 

The girl simply didn't understand why Anne admired him. She stepped aside so she wouldn't have to fraternize with him. Despite her avoidance, the man still smiled at her in a unsettling manner. Instead of smiling politely back, Bella glared up at him causing his smile to change to frown. He walked past her, the rest didn't notice their interaction other than someone. Jerry walked over to her with a worried expression.

"Did he do anything to you?" 

Bella shook her head, she wasn't lying as smiling wasn't anything bad. Was it? "I'm alright, Jer." The girl stood up, her steps falling behind Jerry's. "Ms. Cuthbert, I'm going to work at the barn now." Marilla took notice of her from the ground, she spread her apron in front of her. "Okay, dear." The word dear was now not unnatural to the woman as she grown more accustomed to children.

Bella was surprised to see Anne not where she had been a minute ago. She must have escaped on one of her journeys while her eyes weren't watching her. The two kids walked towards the barn. They took conversations on weather, farming and family (which seemed to be Jerry's favourite things.) 

Jerry climbed up the loft, the girl was a few steps behind. She heard a scream from a boy, then a girl. The wooden ladder made a sudden noise, almost throwing Bella off from surprise. "Get a hold of yourself, Jerry!" she warned, she had trouble managing to balance. The farm hand finally left the ladder, giving space for her to leave too. "What are you doing!?" she found Anne accusing Jerry.

"Working," Bella had answered. Jerry took his own turn in asking the same question as Anne. "What are you doing?!" Anne rolled her eyes, she was holding some kind of notebook. "What does it look like I'm doing?" she replied, sarcastically. The Carter girl raised her eyebrow at this new-found attitude. 

"Something boring that isn't work." Jerry replied, with his own sass. "Hardly," Anne grinned. "Nate gave me this book." Bella was annoyed with Anne and her adoration of Nate. "Nate this, Nate that." She mocked, from her place in the corner of the room, she held a broom in hand. "Something's wrong with that guy," the boy looked solemn when the scientist's name was mentioned.