20. It was him

"Seems like a minor concussion... I'll get you some pain killers and we'll keep an eye on ya but you should be fine." Hershel finished shining a light in her eyes. She sat in the family room, where everyone else had been waiting. Lillian had wondered where Colton and Carl were, they were probably doing some stupid thing up in their room without her.

Lillian leaned back into the cushioned chair as Hershel walked away to get her what he said he would. Daryl had been standing across the room, she looked over at him but he looked away quickly as she did.

Daryl would be lying if he said that he wasn't worried sick about the girl considering what Randall had said about his group. He was the first one to head out, rushing into the woods to try and find a trail. But to Lillian, he came off as annoyed about the entire situation. Lillian knew that she shouldn't have ran off, she realized that her trying to prove she could handle it just made so many more issues for her.

She was being stupid. She was stupid. That's probably what Daryl was thinking about her.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Carol walked up to the Lillian, smoothing her hair down with her hand sweetly. Carol's voice laced with sadness. Lillian frowned up at her before wrapped her arms around Carol's hips.

" 'm sorry." Lillian mumbled.

"It's okay." Carol leaned down to kiss Lillian on the top of the head, then holding the back of her head.

This gesture made Lillian want to cry. It made her feel nervous but also warm and like a baby again. Her mama would kiss her forehead or her head when she was really scared or sad. One time Lillian when she was a lot younger, she got really upset about a drawing that a kid in her class ruined, she made for her mama when she was sick once and didn't even get the chance to give it to her. Her mama picked her up and laid her on the couch next to her, hugging onto her and kissing her head while telling her that it was okay and that she can make another one.

Within all of the mumbling between each person, Daryl was the first to speak up. "Rick and Shane ain't back?"

"No." Lori told them as if it was obvious, because they weren't standing in the room.

"We heard a shot out there, comin' back to the house with Lilli." Daryl explained.

"Maybe they found Randall." Lori suggested. Lillian almost wanted to yell what actually happened. If Rick and Shane were out there together then they don't know the truth. That Shane killed Randall and tried to kill her.

"We found him." Daryl stated, glancing over at Lillian before back at Lori. Lillian finally let go of Carol, who stepped over to the side and watched them talk along side Lillian.

"Is he back in the shed?" Maggie questioned.

"He's a walker."

"Did you kind the walker that bit him?" Hershel asked them.

"No, the weird thing is he wasn't bit." Glenn sighed.

"His neck was broke." Daryl added. Lillian figured that if they hadn't already, then they probably weren't gonna bring up that he was found on top of her, dead.

"So he fought back." Patricia concluded.

"The thing is, their tracks were all right on top of each other and Shane ain't no tracker, so he didn't come up behind them. They were together. All of them." Daryl took another glance down at Lillian but it was hardly noticeable. Lillian bit her lip as she looked up at Daryl with pleading eyes. This was embarrassing for her, she didn't like being talked about in this kind of way.

"Would you please get back out there, find Rick and Shane and find out what on Earth is going on?" Lori begged as she walked up to him.

"You got it." Daryl agreed.