The Shimmering Echoes

Sophie Foster felt the buzz of anticipation as she stepped into the lush, verdant glade that was hidden deep within the Lost Cities. The air was alive with the home of ancient magic, and the leaves of the towering cities whispered secrets of a long time past.

     "Are you sure this is the place?" Dex asked, his blue eyes scanning the shadows with a mixture of curiosity and caution.

     Sophie nodded clutching the worn map that Edaline had entrusted to her. "This is where the echoes are the strongest we need to find the source before-"

     Before she could finish, a soft glow begin to emanate from the ground beneath their feet. Runes, long forgotten by most, shimmered into view, forming a circle around them.

     "It's a Resonance Ring," Biana breathed, her voice filled with wonder. "But I've never seen one so-"

     "Alive," Keefe finished for her, his hand instinctively reaching for the tufts of his hair.

     Sophie closed her eyes, reaching out with her mind. The echoes weren't just sounds; they were memories, fragments of history that were begging to be heard. She focused, and then the whispers grew louder, forming words, then sentences, then stories.

     When she opened her eyes, she found that they were no longer alone. Figures of light and shadow stood before them, their expressions solemn.

     "The Council of Echoes," Fitz murmured, recognition dawning on his face.

     The figures bowed their heads and greeting, and the leader, a woman with hair like spun silver, spoke. "Sophie Foster, you have awakened us from our slumber. The Lost Cities are in peril, and we need your help to save them."

     Sophie felt a surge of determination. This was why she was here. This was her destiny.

——————————————————

I hoped you enjoyed the first one shot! If you've never read something by me, (which you probably haven't because I deleted my only story) you would know that I have a hard time finishing stories. That's why I decided to do one shots. I hope they are good, please comment if you have any suggestions for one shots or have advice.