Echoes of the Heart

Wylie Endal was no stranger to the echoes of the past, but as he stood beside Linh Song, watching the gentle ebb and flow of the water she commanded, he felt a different kind of echo in his heart—an echo of something new, something hopeful.

Linh, with her innate connection to the water, sensed the shift in the air, the subtle change in Wylie's aura. She turned to him, her eyes reflecting the calm of the deep sea. "What's on your mind, Wylie?" she asked, her voice as soothing as the waters she loved.

He hesitated, the weight of his past holding back the words he longed to say. "I'm just thinking about how much has changed," Wylie finally admitted. "How much we've all changed."

Linh nodded, understanding the unspoken feelings that lingered between them. "Change can be good, though. It can be... refreshing, like a new current in a stagnant pond."

Wylie smiled, the corners of his eyes crinkling in a way that made Linh's heart flutter. "You're right," he said. "And some changes," he paused, taking a step closer, "are better than others."

In that moment, surrounded by the magic of Linh's waterfalls and the serenity of the glade they had found in the heart of the Lost Cities, Wylie and Linh found a new beginning. A beginning that promised healing, understanding, and a bond that would only grow stronger with the passing of time.

As the sun set, casting a golden glow over the scene, Wylie and Linh knew that no matter what the future held, they would face it together, their hearts echoing the same rhythm, the same song of hope.