Death (Part 2)

It's been 15 years since my brother's death. I was still doing our radio show and I had also picked up another hobby: the saxophone and the piano. I still kept the smile on my face every year even as time went by and the radio station got less and less popular, everyone now switching to the television. I myself had accepted a collaboration with Vox for once—, that being a saxophone performance in front of an audience of over 2,000 people. That was the night things went wrong. A man I thought I could trust had gone and broke it.

I had been alone in my house when it happened. He had been waiting for me to get back after my performance and as I laid there dying on the clean polished marble floor, I looked up at the man who had murdered me in cold blood.

"The world doesn't need the radio anymore, Tori. We've moved onto better things." Vox almost looked sympathetic as he looked back, a cold hand gently cupping my face. "I thought you had accepted that as the truth now."

"I'll see you in Hell." I managed to spit at him. "And I'll make your life miserable down there—trust me."

"I believe it." Vox didn't look too concerned about seeing me down there. "I'll end your suffering now." He muttered in my ear before he stabbed me in the throat, then the heart with the same knife he had used to stab me 34 other times.

When I woke up, I wasn't in my house anymore. I wasn't in New Orleans. I was in an unfamiliar city that looked miserable everywhere. I breathed in the smell of gasoline and smoke and grinned, feeling free for the first time in years.

—15 years later, Lust Ring, Ozzie's Nightclub—

"Another one for the little lady?" The bartender imp grinned at me as I sat there at the bar, looking done with everything.

"Yeah." I agreed, scrolling aimlessly through my phone. "The strongest you got. Put it on Ozzie's tab." I shrugged, briefly glancing up at the imp.

"You got it, boss." The imp agreed and they poured me a mixture of the strongest alcohol they got.

"Tori, are you just going to keep everything on my tab?" Asmodeus, or Ozzie, as everyone called the Lust Ring's leader, was looking at me with amusement.

"Course." I smirked over at him. "I can't exactly put it on Lu Lu's tab anymore. He banned me from it after I set his amusement park on fire." I snickered at the memory.

"You are crazy." Ozzie looked even more amused by that. "Speaking of crazy, have you heard what's going on in the Pride Ring?"

"No, I haven't. And I'm up on all the latest news." I shook my head, looking expectantly at the Sin. "Do tell."

"Well, it seems there's a person who randomly appeared there after a seven year absence, causing havoc and whatnot." Ozzie frowned. "He goes by the name 'The Radio Demon' and apparently he runs a broadcasting system that everyone is terrified of. I don't suppose you know anything about this?"

I had stopped scrolling on my phone for a moment, my ears flat against my head as I processed Ozzie's words. "The Radio Demon, eh?" My staticky broadcaster voice faltered. "Yes, I think I might know who our pal is." I nodded, standing up suddenly. "Do you mind giving me a portal to the Pride Ring? I have a visit to make." I grinned.

"Don't do anything stupid over there. Lucifer is still pissed about you setting fire to LuLu World." Ozzie warned. "I'm just warning you." He opened the portal to Pentagram City. "Good luck, Tori. Send me a text when you get there."

"I certainly will." I agreed and stepped into the portal where it closed behind me.

As usual, Pentagram City was messy, filthy and dirty with fires everywhere and buildings half destroyed. I casually walked through the streets, holding my head high and looking ahead as I passed by lesser imps. I was seen as an overlord there—considering the power I had over several higher ups such as Ozzie (I had made a deal with him a few years ago) and demons knew who I was. They freaked out, some of them running and fleeing, others terrifyingly taking pictures of me all while I walked towards a tech store where a bunch of tvs were out on display, showing different channels, one of them being an advertisement for a hotel.

"Interesting." I hummed, hearing a peculiar voice narrating the ad. "The Hazbin Hotel. I just might check it out."