🌱treize

"Taehyung, did you see Jungkook this morning?"

It was just past ten in the morning, and Jimin found himself rather confused when he walked into an empty living room. He knew he hadn't dreamed inviting the taller male over for the night, but Jungkook has completely disappeared. The clothes he has come over in and the pyjamas he had borrowed. Everything, including him, was just gone.

Taehyung had woken up before him, still looking tired as he leaned up against their kitchen counter and sipped an iced coffee. The silver haired male raised an eyebrow.

"Jungkook was here?" He asked, swishing the ice cubes around in his drink. "When? Last night?"

Jimin nodded, a frowned etched into his features. If Taehyung hadn't seen him, then he must've left in the middle of the night. Why? Had he sobered up and gotten confused as to why he was there? Had he felt guilty about staying over?

He had just vanished. No goodbye, no note, just gone.

"I found him absolutely shitfaced in a field on the way home from work last night." Jimin explained. "He was so out of it he couldn't even tell me where he lived. I couldn't just leave him there." Taehyung hummed, his expression unreadable as he cast his gaze towards the ground.

"Your heart's too big for your own good sometimes, Jimin." He sighed, swirling his drink around in his hand. He looked up and met Jimin's gaze, his eyes coated in a mystery emotion that had goosebumps raising against his boyfriend's skin. "Maybe he felt embarrassed and he didn't want to face you."

Jimin frowned and crossed his arms over his chest. He scanned Taehyung's expression, leaving them suspended in silence for a few agonizing moments. He watched as Taehyung shifted his body uncomfortably under his stare. "What?"

"Are you hiding something from me?" Jimin asked. Taehyung had just seemed so strange all morning. More quiet than usual, sneaking glances but avoiding his gaze, fidgety. He wasn't sure what it could be, but it definitely seemed like there was something he was holding back from saying.

Taehyung's eyes widened and his eyebrows furrowed, bewilderment taking over his features. He set his glass down on the kitchen counter before crossing his arms over his chest.

"Of course not." He answered, and his voice really did sound sincere. "Why would you think that? I've never lied to you, Jimin."

Jimin let out a deep exhale and looked to the side. It sounded like the truth, and everything they had gone through in the past backed up his words, but something just felt off. He wasn't sure what it was, or why he was feeling it, but there was something that made Taehyung's words not seem as impactful.

He wanted to believe him. He should believe him, but his gut was twisting in a way that was telling him he shouldn't.

"Are you sure?" He asked, before looking back to his boyfriend. He watched as Taehyung's eyes scanned his expression, confusion and a hint of worry on his features. Worry. Why would he be worried? "You've just been acting weird today. If there's anything you're not telling me, tell me now. If I find out by myself it won't end well."

"Jimin I swear on my life." Taehyung sounded exasperated. "I'm not hiding anything. I didn't even know Jungkook was here, and I just didn't sleep well last night." He held eye contact, his brown irises seeming sincere. "That's it. I'm not lying to you."

Jimin didn't respond for a moment, letting out a deep sigh as he tried his best to convince himself that Taehyung had to be telling the truth.

Why wouldn't he? He really shouldn't have anything to hide.