🌱sept

"You're a bad man, Taehyung."

Taehyung was a mystery to everybody that he knew, with his peculiar mannerisms and way of life. He was a spectacle, and a centrepiece, and Jimin was the only one that accepted all of that. Taehyung thanked god everyday for allowing him to find someone as welcoming, and blindly accepting as Jimin was.

Taehyung's lips tugged down at the words that were spoken to him, casting his gaze down to the grass beneath him that was somewhat frosted over. His oversized white dress shirt was half tucked into his light wash jeans, head resting against the trunk of an old pine tree that stood strong and tall at the very edge of the lush green forest. He dug his black boots into the grass, huffing shortly.

"I'm not a bad man, Yoongi." He sighed, looking up to rest his gaze on the male who sat beside him. His lips were purple from the frigid temperatures he was feeling, but he had lived with it so long that it didn't bother him anymore.

Min Yoongi's appearance had to be the eighth wonder of the world. Jet black hair contrasted against pale skin, a dusting of silver glitter across his cheekbones and winding monochrome tattoos that were inked into the skin of his forearms. "I'm just looking out for myself. I couldn't leave Busan, you know I couldn't. It would've been made a target if anyone saw me try and escape."

Yoongi sighed, hugging his knees up to his chest. He was practically drowning in the navy blue sweater that he wore, shining earrings and necklaces perfectly complimenting the silver colour of his eyes. "My biological mom died, don't know where my biological dad is, and my adoptive parents left me behind when they fled. There was no way that I could escape Busan on my own at sixteen."

There was a heavy silence for a moment, the whistling wind attempting to shoo away the tense atmosphere.

"You're living in a lie, Taehyung." Yoongi countered. "This isn't who you are, and I honestly don't understand how you've kept this act up for over four years." He caught Taehyung's gaze, scowling at the chocolate brown irises that stared back at him. "Take those stupid things out of your damn eyes." Taehyung hesitated, hating that he was angering one of the most important people to him. It was a few seconds after Yoongi's words that Taehyung did respond.

He turned away for a moment, removing what Yoongi knew to be contact lenses out of his eyes. He had been wearing them religiously since he started putting up his act every single day, the silver haired male finally turned back around, contact lenses in hand. The eyes that stared back at him now were familiar; the mesmerizing icy blue shade that Yoongi had been drawn to in the first place. They were his favourite feature on Taehyung, and the fact that he had to cover them up day after day was troubling.

But Yoongi knew that he kept them hidden for his safety. Blue eyes were a telltale sign of something a little bit less than human in these parts, the icy blue shade of his irises corresponding well with the strain of magic they were linked to.

Yoongi was the only one who knew the truth, the troubling reality of it all. Taehyung was an ice witch who masqueraded as a human being every single day, a wolf in sheep's clothing who spoke lie upon lie day after day.

It was a survival tactic; to parade through life normally whilst concealing his true identity in order to keep safe.

"You have to feel at least somewhat bad for Jimin." Yoongi spoke softly, reaching forwards and taking hold of Taehyung's hand. The skin was freezing cold as always. "He's in love with you, and he thinks that you love him to. Because you tell him that you do, you lie to him every single day when you tell him that you love him, and you plant false ideas in his head every single time you drag him into your bed." Yoongi scowled, narrowing his eyes at the younger witch.

Taehyung immediately averted his eyes from Yoongi's, hating that every single word that he spoke was true.

Jimin was a coverup, a shield from society to back up his claims of being a human. Taehyung appreciated him, but didn't love him one bit. His kind words were lies, his sweet touches were lies, his passionate kisses were the biggest lies of them all. He didn't want to be in a relationship with Jimin, but he needed to in order to secure his safety.

From head to toe, Taehyung was a bundle of lies, and Jimin was in love with each and every bluff.

"I feel bad, to an extent." Taehyung sighed, leaning back and resting his head against the tree trunk behind him. "I'm never going to tell him that I don't actually love him. If an opportunity ever arises that allows me to safely live somewhere else then I'll just 'break up' with him." He closed his eyes. "Easy."

"Not easy." Yoongi frowned. He himself was a lunar witch, a creature of the night who basked in the light of the moon. The only times when he willingly went out in the daylight were times like this; for Taehyung. "You can't just up and leave after being with him for four years. He'll need an explanation."

Taehyung shrugged, cracking one of his eyelids open and looking over at Yoongi. It was no secret that what he had with Jimin was everything he wished he could have with Yoongi. The older witch had captured his heart and cradled it in the palm of his hand; he had simply no heart left to give to Jimin.

"Then I'll make up another lie." He exhaled, not liking the look of the frown that rested of Yoongi's lips. "Like always."

"You know I don't like this." Yoongi muttered, brushing a few pieces of hair out of his eyes. "You also know that I love you, but I refuse to be with you so long as you're still with Jimin."

Taehyung tightened his grip on Yoongi's hand, casting his gaze down to the frosted grass beneath him. He knew that, he knew it all too well, and it pained him everyday to know that the one he loved most was just out of his grasp.

"What I have with Jimin is fake." He responded, rubbing circles against the back of Yoongi's hand with his thumb. "Nothing that I do with him will ever mean anything to me."

"I'm not sharing you, Taehyung." Yoongi's tone of voice was finalizing, leaving the younger of the two at an extremely conflicting crossroads. Did he follow his heart or his mind? He just didn't know which would do him better, in the grand scheme of things.

"I love you Yoongi, but I just don't know what to do at this point." He mumbled, looking to meet Yoongi's mesmerizing gaze. His eyes were the colour of molten silver, leaving Taehyung speechless each and every time he looked into them. He brought his hand up, cupping the side of the smaller witch's face. The warmth of Yoongi's cheek contrasted the freezing temperature of Taehyung's skin, creating a wonderful heat that Taehyung had only ever felt when he was with Yoongi.

"Eventually you will." Yoongi sighed, reaching up and resting his hand atop Taehyung's. "And that's all that matters right now."

With those words Yoongi leaned forwards, leaving the faintest of kisses upon Taehyung's awaiting lips. They were so very cold, giving Yoongi a slight jolt and his warm skin collided with them. "One of these days, you'll be mine."

Yoongi's lips brushed upon Taehyung's as he spoke, sending a chill down the ice witch's spine. Taehyung gulped and nodded, bringing his other hand over to rest on Yoongi's waist.

"One of these days, I'll be yours."