🌱neuf

"Oh, I didn't realize that you closed so early."

Jimin was just flipping the closed sign to open on the front door of a bookstore when a figure approached him. It was getting close to eleven o'clock at night, which was the normal time that they closed on the weekdays, and wasn't exactly a time that Jimin would deem as 'early'.

"It's a Monday." Jimin responded, turning around to face the owner of the voice and playing with his keys absentmindedly. "We always close at eleven on weekdays." He paused. "Were you looking for something?"

The male that he had set his eyes upon was definitely a sight to see, Jimin would even go as far to saw that he was a blessing to his eyes. Jet black hair created an intense contrast as it fell against his pale skin, light grey irises seeming to glow within the moonlight. Swirling tattoos crawled up his forearms, a rare sight to see in this part of the world.

"I came here sometime last year, looking for a book on Lunar witches." The male explained, pulling the sleeves of his navy blue sweater over his fingertips. "You didn't have any, and I haven't found any elsewhere. I was just wondering if you had gotten any within that time?"

Jimin thought for a moment, leaning against the door to the store and humming softly.

"Books on lunar witches are extremely hard to come by." He finally sighed, furrowing his eyebrows in thought. "I believe it had something to do with what happened during the slaying so long ago. Lunar witches didn't want us to have their knowledge so they burned most of their books before we could find them."

The other male's facial expression turned solemn, and he simply nodded.

"I've heard." He sighed. "It's just the area that I'm most interested in, and it's incredibly hard to learn anything about them."

"From what I've heard, some of the only books we did recover are in the hands of university professors in Seoul." Jimin smiled. "They aren't open to the public, but I'd say that enrolling in a university there would be the only way to learn about them." He sighed apologetically. "Sorry to disappoint." He paused, nibbling at his bottom lip. "Is there anything else I could possibly help you with?"

The other male thought for a moment, but ended up shaking his head and crossing his arms over his chest.

"It's already past your store hours, I wouldn't want to trouble you." His voice was deep, though soft, gaining Jimin's full attention and keeping him held on tight. "You've already been more than helpful, thank you."

"Are you sure?" Jimin watched curiously as the stranger merely nodded, brushing a few pieces of hair out of his eyes. "I wouldn't be bothered to stay a few extra minutes."

The stranger thought for another few moments before finally nodding, uncrossing his arms and looking up to meet Jimin's eyes.

"You got any books on 'mixed' witches?"

-

Jimin finally ended up closing shop fifteen minutes later than the intended time, bidding the stranger goodbye and sending him off with an armful of new books to dig into.

The topic that he had asked about was actually one that Jimin had never found himself coming across in his time working at the bookstore, only proving that you truly did learn something new every single day. A 'mixed' witch, he learned, was the offspring of two witches who practiced two different forms of witchcraft. Jimin asked the stranger about why he wanted to know about the topic, who then disclosed that he once read about the offspring of a green witch and an ice witch, and that he simply wanted to know more.