Chapter 2

Y/N POV

The sight of his lifeless body kept reappearing in my head. He's dead. He's gone. I won't ever be able to talk to him again, nor see his cheeky grin. I'll never be able to hear him talk about how he solved his first case. 

A WEEK AGO

The depressing sounds of the loud piano ring in my ear. Why did this happen? It was only a week ago when his life really began.

"Do you want to say a few words, honey?" My mother asks me, tears in her eyes.

I nod and stand above his corpse. "Jungwon was" I began.

FLASHBACK

"Hello?" I say after picking up the call from the hospital.

"Hello. Is this Y/n L/n?" A woman, whose tone was very calm and honestly soothing, asks.

"Yes, I'm Y/n L/n."

"...I have very unfortunate news for you, Ms. L/n. Your cousin has just passed. I'm very sorry."

My eyes widen and my throat clogs up. "W-what?"

"This must be very hard for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Would you like to know the details?" She says empathetically.

I'm stunned. It was just yesterday when we were all with him, celebrating his success. "Uh yes, please." I say shakily.

"He died of bloodloss. That's all I know. I'm really sorry. If you would like, we can schedule an appointment with a therapist for you?" She says.

"I'm...I'm okay, thank you." I hang up.

FLASHBACK END

PRESENT

Maybe I should take his job...it was his last dying wish- wait...how did he know he was going to die?

(A/N: I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS SUPER SHORT BUT DW GUYS! The first three chapters are gonna be pretty short but they'll all be published today since I already wrote them in a notebook. Thank you for reading! Have a good day/night!)