99

~Chapter 99~ 

After the battle in Rakshasa Land a thousand years ago, the Heavenly Empress returned to the immortal realm, but she still lived in Wutong Island. Because the Peacock Clan had made great achievements in the battle of Rakshasa Land, and the immortals in the Heavenly Palace suffered heavy casualties, the four immortals asked the Empress for permission. The Peacock King Hua Mo resigned from the throne on the grounds that his elixir was damaged and needed to cultivate in seclusion. However, he strongly recommended his daughter Hua Shu to take the throne. The four lords acquiesced to this move for the sake of Lord Lan Feng and petitioned to the Heavenly Empress again. Feng Ran agreed. For thousands of years, Hua Shu lived in the Xiu Yang Hall of the Heavenly Palace and was in charge of the four seas, as if she were one of the five lords.

"Phoenix Queen? You said that the little Fire Phoenix of the Phoenix Clan has inherited the throne?"

In the Xiu Yang Palace, Hua Shu's hand caressing the peony paused, and her eyes, which had been calm for thousands of years, showed a rare look of surprise.

Hong Que, who had returned from sending invitations to Wutong Island, fell to the ground and told Hua Shu that Feng Yin had assumed the throne of Phoenix Queen.

"Yes, Your Highness, I took your invitation to see the Heavenly Empress, but the Phoenix Clan's chief elder said that the Phoenix Clan's throne has been inherited by Feng Yin, the little Fire Phoenix. From now on, everyone in Wutong Island will regard Her Majesty Feng Yin as the queen, and she will be honored."

Empress Feng Ran recently issued an edict and stayed on Wutong Island. Since the Heavenly Palace was celebrating Yuan Qi's birthday, he naturally wanted to invite Feng Ran back to the palace, and she also wanted to take her with him to see the Wutong who caused wonders in the three realms when the little Fire Phoenix woke up.

Although things that happened thousands of years ago are buried deep in her heart, and they are still respected by her position and power, some things are still a thorn in Hua Shu's heart, including Feng Yin, who has long been forgotten by the world.

"How could the Heavenly Empress make such a decision and just let a thousand-year-old girl ascend to the throne as the queen of a clan. Even if the Heavenly Empress is about to ascend, this move is too hasty."

Hua Shu couldn't hide the absurdity of Feng Ran's move in her voice, and there was even a touch of imperceptible jealousy. After all, she had cultivated hard for thousands of years and planned carefully until now she was just a Princess of the Peacock Clan, barely ranked among the fifth in the Heavenly Palace. But Feng Yin, who had lost her soul, had only slept for a thousand years, and when she woke up, she ascended the throne and became the emperor. With the extraordinary strength of the Phoenix Clan, Feng Yin's status was almost equal to Heavenly Empress Feng Ran.

"Your Highness! This is the Heavenly Palace." After all, this is Heavenly Palace not their own Bainiao Island. The four lords are loyal to Feng Ran. When Hong Que heard what Hua Shu said, she couldn't help but remind her in a low voice.

Hua Shu suppressed the anger in her eyes, walked to the window, looked to the west, and said in a deep voice: "That's all, what does the Phoenix Clan's affairs have to do with me? Does the His Godship know that I held a birthday banquet for him?"

The west that Hua Shu was looking at was where the Qing Chi Palace in the Qi Lian Mountains was. Seeing her asking this question, Hong Que felt even more uneasy in her heart, "Your Highness, I have not seen the God since I went to the Qing Chi Palace."