ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

Enemies To Lovers| DD osama

Arielle Everheart

Arielle Everheart

5/12/2024

7:20 - Harlem, ny

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring, signaling the start of another day of school. I groaned and rolled out of bed, already dreading the day ahead. As I got ready, I couldn't shake the feeling of sadness that had settled in my chest.

My mother had made the decision to send me to my grandmother's house for nine months, and today was the day I would be leaving. I didn't want to go, but I knew I had no choice in the matter. I quickly got dressed and grabbed my bag, trying to avoid any interaction with my mother.

I hurried out the door, wanting to escape the confines of my home as soon as possible. As I walked towards the school gates, I felt a heaviness in my heart. This would be the last time I would see my two best friends, Notti and Ddot. I didn't know how to tell them that I would be leaving for so long, and it pained me to think about saying goodbye.

Upon entering the school gates, I was met with an unexpected sight. My ex-best friend, Jazzy, and my ex-boyfriend, Elijah, were standing there, making me feel even more uncomfortable. I tried to avoid them as I made my way to Notti and Ddot, who were waiting for me.

I finally found the courage to talk to them. I hesitated for a moment before blurting out the news, "Basically, I have to stay at my grandmas house for nine months"

Notti's eyes widened in shock, while Ddot's face fell. I could see the hurt and confusion in their eyes, and it tore me apart inside.

"why?" Notti responds.

"Because the bitch jazzy sent a video of me smoking and shit to my ma" i answer, "And now she sending me to my religious grandma."

"Shit, ma heart" Ddot said, hugging me.

"Yo, Riri!" someone behind me yelled.

I turn around to see it was dd.

"Why aren't you answering my calls?" he questions.

"Because I don't want to?" I reply, turning back around to ddot and notti.

"Can you stop ignoring me?" He pleaded, putting his hand on my shoulder, "Nigga, Don't fucking touch me" I snapped, "Go back to Crystal."

The words hung in the air, and I immediately regretted them. Dds face fell, and I could see the pain in his eyes. I had hurt the one person who had been there for me through thick and thin.

Throughout the day, there were countless conversations and dialogues that took place. Notti and Ddot pleaded with me to reconsider leaving, while Notti and Ddot again pleaded with me to reconsider leaving and again and again, even though i told them my ma wasn't gonna change her mind but that wasn't gonna stop them from asking me reconsider every 1 minute.

As the final bell rang, signaling the end of the school day, I felt a sense of emptiness wash over me. This would be the last time I would walk these halls, see these faces and I knew that the next nine months would be lonely and challenging, and I didn't know how I would cope without my support system.

As I made my way out of the school gates, I saw my ma waiting for me.

"I going to miss you guys so much" I say.

"Me to ma heart" Ddot responds.

"Broo, we gonna have to put up with Cystal's whining" Notti whined.

"Make sure you stay in touch." Ddot adds.

"I will don't worry" I smile as I hugged Notti and Ddot tightly.

I stepped into the waiting car that my ma was in.

"You ready to go to your grandmas house" She said excitedly.

"No" I state.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------