03

"Don't forget to bring your permission slips tomorrow!" Their teacher yelled as the bell rang, dismissing them from their day at school. It had been one of those days where y/n admittedly just wanted to get home, and crash straight onto her bed. Because that's what four hours of sleep does to a person.

As she was about to leave the school building, hand just grazing onto the cold handle of the exit door, she felt a small hand lightly pull at her wrist. Causing y/n to jump a little and turn around with her startled expression instantly fading upon seeing a timid Jennie in front of her.

"Thanks-uh-for the help today. I was honestly about to get up and run out the classroom," Jennie stuttered out. The first few seconds following after Jennie finished her statement were met with complete silence. Because Y/n found it so unfathomable that the Jennie Kim just touched her wrist.

But all of a sudden y/n wasn't so tired anymore, she felt a rush of adrenaline as Jennie spoke to her. The smaller girl's big brown eyes shined up at her, in an expression similar to that of a lost puppy. And the way that Jennie's words came out of her lips in stuttered words left y/n's ears in a quick, imaginative trip to heaven.

"It was really no problem, like really. I already studied before so I really wasn't paying attention. And then I heard he was asking questions. So then I started to pay attention. And then he said Jennie. And I saw your shoulders drop. So I was like-"

She was cut off by Jennie's quiet voices saying, "You're rambling," along with a cute giggle. And Jennie honestly didn't know that she said that out loud. Jennie had only said it because nobody has ever been particularly nervous while talking to her. So Jennie didn't know whether she found it flattering or whether she found it cute. But hearing y/n stumble upon her words made her feel something.

"Oh, sorry," y/n apologized with a little laugh, rubbing the back of her neck with her hand with nervous intention.

Jennie didn't say anything. She simply stared at y/n, head slightly tilted, trying to hide her wide smile by biting on her lip. Because it had been forever since Jennie felt her heart swell at the words of another.

God, she's trying to kill me.

"Well anyways, maybe we can talk again tomorrow?" Jennie asked with a little hope in her voice. Which at first, left y/n confused beyond belief. Because she didn't want to believe that the Jennie Kim just said that. And after recovering, y/n nodded furiously in response. Oh, but in her brain, it was much worse. In her brain, she was fist pumping while jumping all over the place.

"Uh yeah, totally... bye, Jennie." Y/n answered awkwardly while trying her best to hide her excitement, which was a task founded to be quite difficult for y/n. Especially seeing as miracles that this had never seemed to come into her life too often.

"Bye, Y/n." Jennie waved. And maybe it was the cute face that y/n was making. But Jennie found herself walking to her car with a little extra hop in her step.

---

As soon as y/n entered her house, her Aunt approached her. "There is some lasagne on the dining table, if you want some for dinner," the small lady stated while hugging her niece.

"Thanks, Auntie. Where's Uncle?" Y/n asked, letting go of her Aunt's embrace. She let her arms fall from Sandara's waist slowly, because her Aunt had always been known as a fragile lady. So y/n had always treated her Aunt with light touches.

"He fell asleep early, long day at work," her Aunt answered in a playfully annoyed tone along with a lighthearted roll of her brown eyes.

Y/n decided to skip out on dinner and headed straight up to her bedroom. As soon as her feet planted in her bedroom, she sat at her desk and began her homework. Her pencil glazed across her paper in quickly written letters as she answered the questions with such ease. It was until she was halfway through her homework when she heard the muttered sounds of faint yelling.

"Auntie! Is that you?" Y/n yelled, voice loud enough for her Aunt to hear.

"Is what me?" Sandara responded, only furthering y/n's confusion as to where the faint yelling could've been deriving from.

"Nevermind!" Y/n replied. Strange. When the she still continued to hear the faint yelling, she glanced up and saw a certain brown eyed brunette aggressively waving at the window in order to grab y/n's attention.

She opened her window with slight struggle, "Was that you?" Y/n asked, confused as to why Jennie Kim would want to talk to her. I mean, she had already said thanks for saving her in class earlier. What else could she want?

"Yes, that was me! I've been trying to get your attention for like five frickin minutes!" Jennie replied, acting playfully aggravated.

"I'm sorry! What'd do you wanna tell me?" Y/n asked, trying her best to hide her excitement from the fact that the Jennie Kim was talking to her.

"Are you going to the field trip tomorrow?" Jennie asked. And the small bit of hope that was in her voice certainly did not go unnoticed to y/n.

"Yeah! Why?"

"No reason! I'll see you at the field trip! Good night, Y/n!"

"See ya tomorrow! Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!" Y/n waved, causing Jennie to let out a giggle. The giggle from Jennie went in and out of y/n's ears. Because all she could think about was why the fuck she decided to say that.

~~

Don't forget to comment 💕