08

Y/n decided on keeping her red pants on and her red shirt but decided to keep a blue sleeveless hoody with her, in case the erratic weather became cold. It was 1:06 PM, which wasn't a bad time to go out. She stuffed her hoody in her book bag, headed out of her room, and went down the stairs with graceful steps. As she inconspicuously made her way down the stairs, she spotted her Aunt and Uncle in the living room watching tv. She quickly swung onto the wooden staircase post and sat on top of it, her feet resting flat on the sides of the post.

"Hey. I think I'm gonna go out to take a walk for a little bit," Y/n stated, trying not to sound too suspicious in her tranquil tone.

"When did ya learn to do that?" Her Uncle questioned, curious when his niece had built up enough balance to sit on top of the staircase post. Because Y/n had always been known as a pretty clumsy being.

"What? Oh this? I do this all the time. You've never seen me do this before?" Y/n shrugged, eyebrows lifted challengingly as she tried her best to sound nonchalant. Y/n successfully lying to people had always been on seldom occasions. Because her Uncle always tells her that everything could be seen the color of her eyes.

"Mmkay, whatever you say. Have fun on your walk," her Uncle replied. And y/n smiled, happy that he let go of the subject. Because there was slim chance that y/n gets away with lying to her Uncle.

"See ya later, Auntie." Y/n sweetly said as she walked over to her Aunt in order to plant a light kiss on her temple before leaving to go on her walk.

---

Alright y/n, you can do this.

She was currently in an alley, testing to see if she could really climb up the walls. And after minutes of contemplating, she firmly planted her hands onto the brick. After a quick glance around, seeing nobody in sight, she started to nervously climb up.

Climbing up the wall of a building was something very off-putting. One shaky hand followed the other as she made her way up the brick with nervous touch. But although her heart was pumping with nerve and her veins flowed with pure trepidation, there was something quite exhilarating about the new ability.

When she made it to the top of the building, the view was nothing short of breathtaking. She took a moment to sit on the ledge and look upon the city. Suddenly, the outside world that she feared to be apart of didn't seem so big anymore. Suddenly, the courage and adrenaline built up enough, as she jumped off the building and flung her wrist string to one of the buildings, her body swinging with momentum.

"Woooo!" She screamed as she slung across from building to building. The wind blew in her face as she frantically slung strung from building to building. It felt like flying. But even better. Her worry of falling fled throughout her body, but it was soon replaced with the somewhat serene feeling of the wind splashing across her face, making her hair flow in the breeze.

But that's when realization suddenly hit her.

Oh shit. Someone might see me.

Her eyes swiftly glanced down and thankfully she saw no one in sight. But she decided to play it safe as her swinging slowed down into a stop, letting her feet plant on top of one of the buildings. It wasn't as tall as the previous building that she had been on, but the view was still unlike anything that she had ever seen before. She jumped back down from the rooftop with an elegant landing in order to go back to the taller building that she was previously on.

As she was dreamily walking towards the building, she heard a voice yell "Someone help!" And her head snapped as she turned around to see a lady running after a guy with a purse tucked under his arm. Y/n started to chase after him once the lady stopped running to collapse on her knees with a sob.

"Not so fast, buddy!" Y/n yelled out condescendingly as she slung a web towards the purse. And with one yank of her wrist, she flung the purse back towards herself. The guy stopped and looked around, confused as to where the purse went. Before he could meet y/n's gaze, she panicked with widened eyed and shot webs all over his face.

After having covered his whole face with webbing, she realized that he probably couldn't breathe. She jabbed her index and middle finger where his nostrils were to poke a holes through  so that the man could breath.

He tried pulling the web off, but couldn't. Then he tried running after her but before he could, y/n webbed his body up and he fell to the ground. His screams were muffled from the string as y/n walked up to him. She watched, laughing, as he struggled to wriggle his way out of the robust web.

She pulled her phone out, putting on a very low pitched voice as she called the cops, telling them about what happened. As soon as she heard a cop siren, she swung off to the nearest rooftop.

She watched, perched on the ledge of a building as the lady got her purse back and the cops arrived. Y/n's lips curved into a small smile as she saw that the lady happily retrieved her purse.

As the girl walked home, she thought of how exhilarating it was. The adrenaline that rushed through her system made her heart beat swift but it made her feel alive. And seeing how elated the woman was when she got her purse back made y/n happy.

That was actually pretty awesome.