VI

Ashley commanded Delilah to leave the car because the tires were damaged. Even though her shoulder was harmed, she wasted no time leaving the car and taking Delilah along with her.

They took the route ahead and had no other way than to run. Meanwhile, the length of the tram finished off and their chaser continued crossing the path.

Seeing Ashley's car on the way, they descended to look inside and found nobody.

"On legs? How far can they go?" One of the men spoke, chuckling as he neared their boss who was busy scrolling through his phone.

"Can you track them?" He asked instead, voice gruff and deep as he went through some information.

"Way too easily!" He scoffed, ordering his crew to catch the girl's location but they failed. Now it was their boss's turn to chuckle. But humorlessly.

He knew about Ashley being a hacker. It wasn't easy to track her when she had her gadget in her grip. He wasn't omniscient, but his eyes caught how sharply she laid the pitfall of bollards and then 'crossing bars' for them. He realized it right then but said nothing because he was taking pleasure in the game.

Now about catching their location, he knew that they were running on foot so they would desperately try to find a safe place. What could be the nearest?

He got it!

. . .

"Where are we going?" asked Delilah, trying to suck deep breaths as much as possible.

"We're just here, don't worry."

It sounded ridiculous. She wasn't only apprehensive, she was frightened. She didn't want to be caught by the goons after she realized what they could do to her. What Waqas told her was still in her mind. Even one out of them all was a wretched idea to her. But she trusted her God.

Delilah accompanied her silently until they reached the main street. There were more people compared to where they lived. On either side of them were lofty and radiating buildings. Malls were opened and the noise buzzed in the air.

They entered one and bought Delilah a cover to hide herself behind the dark veil. Ashley had a jacket with a hood over her head and the chilly weather of the city at night wasn't troubling her even a bit.

After making the payment, they came out. Ashley was alarmed while Delilah followed her silently. Behind the net veil, she could see how tense Ashley looked.

"Don't look down, Delilah," she said, scrolling through her phone while her gadget hung on her wrist through a band.

Delilah cast a simple glance, her eyes big behind the veil. Ashley didn't look at her but she was well aware of her actions. "We are under watch. Just like me, they can control the CCTVs but my interference will raise suspension. So act normally. The station is close."

"Okay," Delilah nodded.

After reaching the subway and entering the gates, Delilah took a sigh of relief, thinking it was safer but that was the point where Ashley gripped her hand and signaled her about the presence of men.

Delilah's heart missed a beat. Her clammy hand gripped Ashley's arm as she squeezed it lightly. Ashley reacted with nothing because she was also afraid. She just patted Delilah's hand and moved ahead to reach the platform.

Somehow with so much care, they reached the platform and stood behind the edge.

The train arrived and they shifted inside. Delilah grabbed a seat and asked Ashley to sit beside her but she refused. She preferred standing while she took care of the surroundings.