Chapter two - Silence Before a Storm

He found himself walking a familiar path. Exiting his parents vast mansion, which when he was younger got frequently lost in, he walked along a path. It was all just one large building, just cut into subdivisions like a big mall of wealthy snob homes. And yet, there was one he could surely get behind aside from the others.
He realized he went around the wrong side and found himself having to trek past the Skaladogs estates. He huffed, their Subruler was undesirable. So many tales ran through her mouth, and yet no one ever dove into her own gossip. He remembered this after spotting a large picture frame accompanied by others. Each species had a tribute of royals, mostly portrayed in photos of the fallen. Vinyl's husband, Solo, was upon it. Years ago he mysteriously died right after their son, Drifty, had been born. There was theory of mutiny in it, but Vinyl passed it off as misfortune. Vis had heavily agreed, as the two seemed to share one braincell. Beside Solo accompanied said son, who had also disappeared. Though rumor of him still heavily suggests he was still alive, who really knew by now? And who cared? Lady Vinyl was obviously sad, but it was more disappointment and a feeling of betrayal he had noticed. It was her oldest son, Corduroy, that had suffered the most from this. He brushed past the rest that were ones who most likely could easily combat Lady Vinyl, and moved on. He then came to where he was looking. To be honest, he always forgot what the species had titled themselves, and didn't care. All he cared about was seeing Dol. She was Lady Era's daughter, the only and so eldest. She couldn't have any children after that, so Dol was praised. However she took up an occupation that wasn't intended or enjoyed by her mother, military. She trained as a squire would. He admired this in her, and loved how she didn't take crap from a soul. Her mother didn't even pipe up, she was concerned of course, but let her do what she felt to be fulfilling. He saw Era as a sort of grandmother, and loved to be around her as much as he did Dol. He came across the wall of them. Many with fins and frills that were glorious and showed their rankings, along with their armor that captured the species beauty. He stopped dead in his tracks as Dol stood there, her head angled down. He made his presence clear by heavily walking, and she looked up. Her face went hard and stoic, even though she knew she didn't have to do that around him. Her white-dappled-pale-purple scales glistened with the salty drops of tears. Spectator quickly questioned in a very soft voice, his tone cracking and faltering, "What's wrong?.." Last thing he needed was more sorrow today, but he would stick around either way. "Another among the fallen today." She said, her voice thrummed with empathy. She raised a webbed hand and put it against fresh glass. On the other side sat her uncle, a wholesome image of him smiling back as still as a rock stared. He was adorned in his polished armor. "I had to bear the news to auntie." The two were twins, and they fought side by side. Like a tag team of vicious Ior Hounds. They never wed anyone, and were rather humble for being amidst top classes. They were younger than Lady Era, and may have been Dol's motivation to join in. They sat in silence watching before Dol piped up, "Silentium tempestatis." It was on their code of arms, and translated to Silence Before the Storm. "It was aware what would happen. Contrary to this, for the sake of them, what should happen," she continued in a reassuring tone to himself. It wrapped around Spectator tightly like a rope being strung around someone's neck. "The Mawmonsters? They were the ones to slay him, then? Was there another-" Spectator started, but was cut off with a heartfelt throbbing sob as Dol lurched forwards. She head to bend down as he was shorter, and clasped him in a hug. It was comical with such a large hulking woman to hug the skimpy royal, but it was okay. He hugged in return, his eyes closing. Tears streamed down his back, her gills tight down the sides of her neck. He had met her uncle a few times that he can recall, and by how it seemed there was a good reason to be sad. And so they stood, both crying.