Chapter Five - Empty Halls

Cosmar walked into a sort of living room. His head and ears drooped down, his shoulders raised. He slumped onto a large pillow and curled up. Spectator ran after him, and went to go sit in a comically somewhat oversized chair beside the giant beast. Dol wandered inside. She seemed surprised at everything even though no stranger to the place. He shook himself off, fur coating the chair. He stared intently to Cosmar, who slowly opened an eye and looked over. "Yes?.." Cosmar asked cautiously. Spectator simply shook his head, just pleased to be around him. Dol walked over moments later saying, "I get you don't exactly need sustenance, but a few snacks in this place would be great-" she was both joking and serious simultaneously. Cosmar snorted and shrugged. Spectator was unable to control himself and asked, "When will mom be home?" He leaned over, his ears raised. "Last I knew she was accompanying Lady Vinyl with something.." His tone was stale and bleak. Spectator gave Dol a glance, and they both shrugged to each other. Cosmar's head abruptly lifted towards the door, and he sighed, "speak of the Devil.." although Dol couldn't hear it, Spectator looked pleased. Soon the illustrious Vis walked in, her footsteps light. She managed to dwarf Cosmar, and her fur was on the contrary to his a bone white. It glistened pristinely. Her acute ears turned towards Dol, and her many tails swayed. "What are you doing here, dear?" She looked agitated, but bit her tongue from acting out on Era's daughter. "What? Can't have friends?" She sat down and gestured to Spectator, who looked a bit fearful. Vis grimaced and went over to sit. "Suppose he can.." she shot a glare over to Spectator. They all sat in silence for a long while. Spectator impulsively scratched at his shoulder, and his ears pinned. "Don't get fur all over the floors." Vis rolled her eyes and stood up upon hearing a knock at the door. She walked over, obviously at her own slow pace that was disguised by her regal bouncing fur, and then opened the door with a yank at its handle. Though unable to see her, Dol figured her expression drastically changed. She heard a, "Vinyl! Glad you came." And then everyone in the living room hesitated. There was a clip-clop like horse hooves, but turned out to just be Vinyl's high heels on the obsidian carved floor. Spectator whispered to her, "has more annoying hooves than you.." the two snickered, not realizing Cosmar had gotten up and lightly flicked them. Though from what Spectator had told her, he felt the same way. Suck up.. She thought bitterly towards him, her snout wrinkled. "Salutations to you all," Vinyl smirked. Her tone was more haughty than Dol could have imagined, and was glad she had never heard anyone with such a voice until now. Apparently she brought a guest, as a hulking figure appeared approaching. It was her son, Corduroy. He had an awfully hard, solid expression. He had a thick mane of pure jet black fur, and Dol was amazed it hadn't turned grey by now having to deal with people. He wasn't as scraggly as most others, and wore a suit with a red undershirt. He wasn't too bad in contrast to most, especially within the room. But he managed to be just about as intimidating as the others. He stood up straighter than she would have expected from a Scaladog. Suppose when your mother is as horrid as Vinyl, etiquette training was the only way to avoid Wardens wrath. Moving sleekly in her pale green dress, Vinyl walked around and inspected the place. "Ten times more dull than last time! Somehow.. You need some more class and decoration in these empty halls, woman!" She snapped towards Vis. It left Dol in shock, but everyone else was used to the behavior. "Pointless, darling." Vis piped up with a glare to Vinyl. "Utterly pointless." Cosmar rolled his eyes at her reassurance.