Chapter Fourteen - Skye Sculll

He woke up to silence. The light intensity from the window was more intense, and it caused the room to appear completely blue. He pushed covers off of himself that seemed to have been placed over him earlier in the night by someone. He flexed his hands, and for a moment forgot the situation. He had mixed feelings about everything, but luckily now after getting sleep, they weren't as much of a jumbled emotional mess. He slowly reached up to feel his head, which was still sadly bone. He wanted a mirror to inspect himself now with a clear mind. He had sat on the edge of the soft bed for a while to look at the blue painted wall. There was indication of it being an older house, and from what he noticed there were a few bugs in the windowsill. He let his feet drop to the carpet and he stood. The wounds managed to ache even more, but rather a hard healing pain. He let a sigh escape his canines as he slumped over and put a hand against the wall. Steadying himself against it, and assessing what happened when he was trampled by the crowd. He clamped his teeth shut. Spectator finally mustered the energy to escape the dark confines of the room. He stepped slowly and quietly as to not wake anyone, but it was quite the waste once opening the door. He heard the clattering of forks against plates, and figured they were already awake. Either he slept in or they were unnatural morning people, he concluded. He crept over to the wall where it turned to view the kitchen on the left. To the right of him was a living room. "Ah, your awake!" Drifty greeted him warmly and pointed to a bowl of cereal. Briefly apologizing for only having one kind. "It's alright," Spectator gave a nod while walking over to seat himself. The chair made an awkward screech that caused him to cringe, and it reminded him of when he stormed away from the table-.. Yesterday? A few days ago? He lightly shook his head and tried to catch how long it had been, but that was no use as he was hungry. He groped at the table for his spoon, and it fumbled in his tiredly shaking hands. He expected having to snap so they would 'wake up'. He didn't really notice that the she Skaladog sat across the table, giving a stare down to her bowl- that was until seeing Spectator struggle at the spoon, and glared up mid-chewing. One of her brows- or more, an odd sort of brow muscle Scaladogs seemed to have- was pressed fully down. The other was raised so far that he expected it to ascend to the skies. "Hello," Spectator said slowly, catching his breath with an odd inhale at the end of pronouncing the 'o'. She continued to chew the cereal, and seemed to hide behind the curled bangs that drifted around her eyes. Once done and swallowing Spec found himself confused on how Scaladogs were actually supposed to eat.. He wondered if it was like his previous form, where there were really two sets of lips- just of course without the outer ones, and turned a horrid dark leathery sort of flesh. It was how he managed to speak, so he would have to manage. It was almost like his skull now was just some sort of mask, and he was someone posing as what once was. A chill ran down him as the she continued to stare- not interested and bedazzled like someone finding their Prince Charming. Rather, what the actual Warden and Tarnel are you doing? And she was almost laughing. Her hand was raised to keep a few claws upon the handle of her spoon, its tipped down end buried in the bowl. "Hey," she said with a shrug, and took another bite of the cereal. "I'm Spectator," he said casually like it was some sort of meet-and-greet. Luckily she responded rather kindly, "names Skye." Spectator remembered her being called that by Drifty, but was unsure if it was a nickname of sorts. "Drifty's your uncle I assume?" He said while trying to start some conversation and understanding. "Yep," she nodded, "otherwise I would be with someone I actually favor." She gave a hushed laugh with a smile, and looked away towards a window. As though thinking of someone. He didn't instigate on it, and rather tried eating. He just picked up a spoonful and tried to put it in his mouth like he did every other time. It then faltered and got stuck on his front teeth, splattering on the table in a quick whirlwind of unfurling events. What actually got in his mouth felt odd, and he awkwardly swallowed it. Giving a look at the spilt cereal. Skye laughed and said, "struggling I see? Driff said you took quite the tumbling in the market, I didn't expect your head to be busted up that badly." Drifty walked in with a sigh. They both looked over to hear him say, "we will.. Work on that." Spectator was so embarrassed, but neither seemed to care. He wasn't laughing, but they played it off as we are laughing with you, not at you. He stood and fumbled back against the doorframe to go outside. "C'mon," Skye slid her hands into the pockets of her dull blue, plaid, oversized pants. She opened the door and walked outside. Spectator wasn't sure what to do and gave a glance to Drifty, then followed without question. Skye started, "going to be here for a while? Let Skye Sculll show you around, or else you may end up even worse than back there." She snickered and looked out at the brightening subdivision. Spectator was a bit concerned, but Drifty didn't oblige. "He is busy today anyhow," Skye must have read his mind as she spoke. She thrust her thumb back over her shoulder to gesture in the house, and without more thought walked down into the grass.