its easier for me

Nevermore's mysterious transferee remains that way. A mystery.

You don't see her. Though, you don't make much of an attempt to find her anyway. But you're innately a roamer and you must have done about three laps around the whole campus already without seeing even a glimpse of the stranger full of unsettling rumors.

Rowan attends fencing practice only once a week and you promised you'd be there so the roaming comes to an end as the steps you take gain purpose, a destination. You reach the gymnasium in less than a minute and are immediately bombarded by the scent of sweat and exhaustion. You take the path at the very side of the gymnasium to pass behind the audience watching the fencers as your eyes take a sweep through the whole place, scanning it like a predator might.

Xavier isn't here, which isn't that unusual considering the recent fallout he just had with the fencing prodigy. You reckon he left early to avoid Bianca.

You didn't really care to learn about the specifics on the why and how it happened because neither of the people involved chose to tell you so you've just accepted the fact you'll only know it was a nasty break up and nothing else. Plus, you felt that getting the information from Enid would be invasive, so you really would rather not.

Also, she'd have blown the story completely out of proportion and suddenly, she's telling you Xavier cheated with three different people and they all had a fight to the death.

You spot Bianca holding her water bottle in the sidelines with a satisfied flush to her cheeks, chatting up a student from a different grade.

"Bianca," you start.

"He went to the clinic." she immediately responds.

You'd ask her to elaborate on who she's talking about if you were dumber than you actually are. Though, is it about her knowing you enough to predict your needs or have you just been so visibly dependent on Rowan that the nearest passerby would know you're about to ask for his whereabouts the instant you opened your mouth?

"But," she stops you before you could leave. "And I say this as a friend," the side of her mouth quirks into a small humorous smile, as if the notion of you being friends was a kind of inside joke in and of itself. "You might have to tighten that little leash you got on him. The new girl's been eyeing him up lately." she chuckles and the student beside her, that you've just now noticed is also a siren, simpers out a mild giggle. Like hehe, oh my God Bianca, you're sooo funny and cool and pretty. Kiss me?

"I don't know, Bianca. Locking him up in my room might be the only thing left for me to do if I'm being honest." you joke back.

She winces, immediately regretting the decision to open up the chance for you to make a dirty joke. "Ugh, gross."

"Don't start it if you can't finish it." you wave at her as you exit the conversation.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." she replies, always unable to resist getting the last word in. "I was being serious though." Bianca ungracefully mumbles.

You hear it, of course you do. But the jealousy she's trying to incite doesn't come up. Rowan can do whatever he wants, who are you to tell him who and who not to hang out with?

But, fuck. Where is he though? You're starting to get worried.

The clinic isn't very far considering it's strategically located in the middle of, well, everything. So not even 2 minutes later, you're there and becoming mildly aggravated at the fact he's not here either. The nurse looks at you with something akin to sympathy and hands you a minty candy you can't eat.

"Thanks." you grunt and leave.

You could head to the library but you know it's futile. It's the last place he wants to be in so even if he had to go there he wouldn't stay long. The couples constantly making out are a good deterrent. Even you try to avoid the place when you can.