Chapter 1

Coast City – XXV Century

Vega and Barry are in the park, it is nighttime so there is less risk of being seen, it has been a month since the incident that gave Vega superpowers. After the funeral and burring his mother, Vega, and Barry tested if Vega's power was like Barry's or like Eobard's, apparently, like his father, Vega possesses the negative speed force, and since then Barry has been training the teenager the best he could until they could find a way for Vega to send Barry back in time.

Vega was feeling very uncomfortable wearing the Reverse Flash costume, had it not been the only suit available he would've already shoved it into the nearest trash barrel and be done with it, but beggars can't be choosers. When he asked Barry if he could make another one the only response Vega got was: Do you have the material?

"Something wrong Vega?" asks Barry, he was also dressed in costume.

"The uniform, I just can't stop thinking about all the bad things it was done using this symbol. Besides, the man who killed my mother and yours used one identical to this one, doesn't that bother you?" Vega says, putting his hand over the black circle with the red lightning over it.

"Yes, I would be lying if I said it doesn't, but I won't put the blame on the uniform, because the uniform didn't do anything, the man wearing it did, so I can't let it bother me, maybe you shouldn't let it bother you too, a wise man once told me that; the meaning behind the symbol depends on the person who uses it". Barry says while walking towards the teenager, he puts his hand over Vega's shoulder and looks him in the eyes. "You never did anything bad wearing this uniform, so tell me, does it matter how it looks?".

"I don't think that's enough to stop others from judging me, Barry". Vega says, feeling a little discouraged.

"I'm not judging you". Barry says. "How does that make you feel?".

"Fine... I guess?" Vega shrugs his shoulders not knowing how to answer Barry's question.

"You will always be judged when you are a hero, even I get judged by the people and the media all the time, what really matters is the good things you do while wearing the uniform". Barry says.

"But I'm not a hero like you, I'm just a teenager who got lucky". Said Vega.

"Or maybe you gained them after proving you deserve to have this power". Barry says as he remembers some certain event from a long time ago that he is about to tell Vega. "Did I ever tell you how my nephew Wally got his powers?".

"No". Vega says.

Barry sits on the ground and gestures for Vega to sit as well, the Flash takes off his hooded mask and the teenager follows suit, not wanting to hide anything, the scarlet speedster looks Vega in the eyes and starts the story.

"Five years ago, my bride, now wife, Iris West, now Allen, told me her nephew Wally West was coming to Coast City to spend his summer vacations there". Barry changes position and lets his elbow rest on his knees as he continues the story. "I wasn't there when Wally arrived, I was busy with some Flash business, that is the downside of every superhero, we miss a lot of things in our lives. Doing my duty as a hero I spotted a gang of four criminals on the street, they had just finished a heist in the bank, and they were small-time criminals, I handled those many times before so it would be just another Thursday for me, I was wrong, the first one was simple, just a chop in the back of the neck and he had fallen unconscious, once the other three noticed their fallen comrade they realize Flash was on the scene.

The moment they stayed alert was the opening I needed, with a massive jab on the jaw I knocked out the second, that scared the two left standing and they shot, which made me have to change the course of the bullets to avoid the innocent bystanders being shot.