Chapter 27-Secrets

Theme Song:Atlantic Starr-Secret Lovers
Secret lovers, yeah, that's what we are...

         🦋 HENRY'S POV 🦋
"I know you are all wondering why I sent for you here,"His Majesty begins.

Clearly

"I believe everyone is well acquainted with King Arthur..."He continues but pauses like he is waiting for a negative reaction but everyone is dead silent,"He came with a tempting offer that I could not refuse.Having him as an ally will strengthen us..."

No...no... no...This is exactly how he delivered the heart wrenching message to us, the marriage between Prince Stanley and the Princess Charlotte...

"He wants Henry to marry his Daughter Princess Lairenter."

"No..."I wanted to interject but my brother beats me to it.He gets up and stares at me then back to my father.

"You don't have a say in this!"My father roars,"It has already been decided.This will benefit our family!"

"Family! Family! Family!Can't you see that you are tearing this family apart?One sacrifice is enough.I won't let my siblings go through what I experienced.Henry will choose whom to marry, someone he loves and adores not someone you force onto him for the sake of your throne!"Stanley remarks bitterly,"Let's go."He says taking my hand and dragging me out alongside him.I stare back,confusion written all over the ladies' faces.Melanie has risen up, staring at us pitifully.

"Stanley! Stanley!"My father calls but his voice falls on the dry walls.

We get further away and he let's go of my hand.I support myself on a pole trying to catch my breath.

"You are happy with Alex.I won't let father snatch that happiness from you like he did mine,never.I'll protect you Henry,just like I promised mom."He says holding my cheeks.Only four trustworthy people in the castle know about my relationship with Alex, Stanley is one of them.

"Thank you Stan."I say hugging him.I withdraw looking straight into his green flake globes,"Do you have any problem?You did not look fine when I came in,Is something bothering you?"

"Rey..."I hear my brothers voice crack.I look up and his eyes are watery,tears threatening to fall from them.

"Stan... what's wrong?You can tell me and we will fix it together."I inquire, consoling him as the walls of my heart tear.I hate seeing him in tears and so helpless.

"Can we talk?"He says tears spilling from his eyes.My brother rarely cries and when it gets to this extent it's totally bad.Something is really breaking him so fast, it's tearing his world down.

"Yes,of course.My room?"

"No, I want to get away from here?"

"The penthouse?"I suggest.He nods and we leave.

On the way I console him.He lies on my thighs as I ran my hands on his head softly.
We get to the penthouse and the moment we step in Stanley breaks the sad news to me:

"He wants to leave me.Leo is leaving me Rey!"He cries squatting.

"No....No...No... Don't say that,he would never do that..."I say hugging him tightly,"I'll talk to him..."

"He says that his father is forcing him to marry a lady from another royal family.He even said that I was married and could sire an heir to continue our bloodline and asked me where that leaves him?"He says amidst his heavy sobs,"I will never see him again..."

Leonard and Stanley have been dating since they were teenagers.They both come from royal families and when father got a good offer from the princess' family he forced Stanley to get married to her.Since our family was in a crisis at the moment, Stanley sacrificed himself,The real surprise was the princess he was getting married to.She also had a secret that she wouldn't want the world to know.

"Ssshh..does Princess know this?"

"No,I haven't told her..."

"Mmmh...Hi,"I hear a familiar voice fill the room,I look up and it's her,"Can someone tell me why my husband is crying over another man getting married?"She inquires in a snarky tone whilst a wicked smile plays on her lips.When did she get here?Did she follow us?