2

°
Two weeks later sees the following adventure for the Doctor when she realises the roots of the plants have turned blue.

About to walk in the café she has grown to frequent, her eyes catch on the cherry tree outside, with light blue roots. Obviously not common with plants on Earth, she chooses to divert from her intended path and instead walks all over Sheffield cataloguing the colours of the roots she sees. The grass have blue roots, the daisies have blue roots. Even a stray potato she came across have blue roots. Her mind flickers back to the Loxari but dismisses it until she knows the situation is dangerous.

In her TARDIS she travels to Zambia, Peru and Nepal and every plant she sees too have blue roots. She takes a small sample of soil in each country and her TARDIS confirms her suspicions; there's a virus.

It's a virus of Silemic origin but rooted not from the Loxari, instead from their sister species, the Layrna. The Layrna and the Loxari are fiercely competitive with each other, and are known for fighting over conquests. The Doctor comes to the conclusion that this is what's happening on Earth. It's a chess piece in their battle with eachother.

Collecting a second soil sample from the cherry tree as a keepsake, her eyes skim momentarily over the local Tesco's when walking back to the TARDIS. This is where she sees you, picking an avocado and placing it in your basket. She smiles in appreciation for the universe and walks up to you.

°
"Y/n!"
You look to your left and see the Doctor with a smile on her face. She has two vials in hand and another two peeking out of her coat pocket.
"Doctor! What are you doing here?"

"Pfft, you know, I was just walking back to the TARDIS and I saw you. Nice outfit by the way! I didn't have you down as a ballet gal." The Doctor points at your ballet uniform and you flush in embarrassment. If Jack was the one seeing you that was fine, he knew you had been a ballerina in the Agency, but here, the Doctor thought you were a regular human, it made you felt a bit like an imposter.

"Yeah, I just had practice."
"Cool! I've always wanted to try ballet. I mean I did once, but I've basically erased it from my memory from how bad it went." She winces. "A dalek showed up and I twisted my ankle from losing my balance."

"You've tried ballet?"
"'Course! I was a guy so it wasn't as fun as what you're doing but it was on my list for a while so I thought why not? The dancers of Alit are wonderful teachers."

Your jaw drops open. "You got taught by the dancers of Alit?"
"Yup"

"What the hell Doctor? That's so lucky!"
She nods. "I know right? They owed me but still. It was so cool, until you know..."

"Hmm."

"Anyway," she grabs an avocado, "I need your help y/n."

You take it out of her hand and put it back.
"What with?"

"Well," she swings her body sheepishly, "I was gonna get a strawberry milkshake from that café, the one where I saw you, but I saw that the roots of all the trees turned blue, literally overnight because they weren't blue yesterday." She lowers her voice.
"I did some analysis and it turns out that they're infected with a virus, planted by the Loxari's sister species the Layrna, which will destroy all plant life on Earth."
She grimaces. "Naturally that means that everyone will starve and then they'll take the Earth as their prize for conquest to shame the Loxari."

You groan in annoyance and put your avocado back. "I guess that means I'll have to get this later then?"

She smiles. "Oh don't worry, the TARDIS will get you one. It'll only be for a bit, I just need some help making the antidote."