Chapter 2 Little 8

Once they were home Jasmin laid Ayin into her baby crib, then she kissed her goodnight and left the room. All this time Ayin has made no sound whatsoever and her eyes look like she is in a trans. Even so, it still took her more than an hour before she closed her eyes and fell asleep. But instead of turning her brain off like one normally does when one falls asleep hers was still active and her consciousness drifted off to an unknown place. That place is dark with no light source in sight that is until a tiny ball that glows purple levitates toward Ayin's forehead. Once it touched her forehead it started to glow brighter and brighter. Enough to cover all of her in its purple glow.

The glowing ball: "Scanning..."

The glowing ball: " 1%..."

The glowing ball: "5%..."

The glowing ball: " 10%... 40%... 50%... 70%... 100%"

The glowing ball: " Scanning complete... Host's body is compatible."

The glowing ball: "Initiating synchronization... synchronization successful."

That is when a lot of information about Ayin's most recent past life swept into her brain. The process is very painful and Ayin starts to cry because of the pain. There is also some information about her past lives before that but there are only tiny fragments. But it is enough to confirm that Ayin has been reincarnated 50 times and every time this glowing ball has been inside her soul after every reincarnation, it was checking if her body would be strong enough to handle its activation. And not until this life that is her 51 life was she able to handle it.

The reason she wasn't able to everything of her past lives is because making her remember all of that will overwhelm her brain and she will become brain dead. But she was able to remember some things of her past selves and almost everything about her latest life before this one. But those barely contain any happy memories. Her name was Rachel Lake, she was abandoned by her parents at the age of 12. Because her parents were too poor to raise her as she was very sickly. So they sold her for a sum of money and became a lab rat at a famous recherche facility. They tested different drugs on her each more painful than the last as they wanted to create a fast healing serum so they wounded her many times to test its effects. Needless to say, eventually, they went too far and accidentally killed her. Now with their memories back in her head her mental age is actually 17. Despite the images of her cruel past Ayin doesn't feel any distress. After all, even though these memories are new to her in this body. Once it entered her brain everything fell familiar and she was already numb to the pain her previous life caused her. 

The glowing ball: " Mental age established now proceed the aging process."

After it said that the glowing ball disappeared and went inside her body.., No her soul self. Her soul-self started to grow into a 10-year-old child. Ayin looks very cute in this form with her fluffy silver hair and rosy cheeks. Her fluffy hair is set up into a cute ponytail and she is wearing a black shirt with matching trousers that are easy to move in. Then the scenery changes and what was once a black abyss is now a green meadow completed with a blue sky. Then suddenly what looks like a 6-year-old boy appears. He has long blond hair and yellow eyes complete with a childish and innocent face. He is wearing white clothes switch cyan details. His clothes look like he came from a futuristic lab with strike regulations. 

The boy: " Aaa, finally I am awake. I was tired of waiting." He says as he stretches his arms. Then the boy looks at the confused Ayin and smiles brightly at her.

The boy: " Master, I am so glad to meet you. I was beginning to think that you will never reach the requirements. After all 50 lifetimes, you never had a strong enough body to handle your soul."

Ayin: " Who are you and what is going on?"

The boy: " Ah silly me, I forgot that you have never met me despite being together for over 1000 years. I am King 8 and you have just established a link with the Stellarix brain-computer interface or Stellarix interface for short. This place is your mind space which is the place where your soul is located. All living things have a mind space but only those with high spiritual energy can enter it and even fewer know of its existence. This interface was created by the most powerful scientist on Stellarix but unfortunately, this technology got sucked up in a time wormhole. Becuse of this it traveled back in time and got damaged. Becuse of that it needed to quickly find a host who had enough spiritual power to support it. And in a place where few people had any spiritual power, we found you and entered your mind space. Using your abnormally strong spiritual power it prepared itself for your first 5 reincarnations after it entered and the rest of the time it lay dormant until you had a strong enough body to handle both the interface and your spiritual power. And during our past time, we were able to catalog everything that has happened to you enough to fill a whole library."

Ayin: "... Arent you the interface and what king? I will call you little 8."

King 8:" What do you mean? Little 8 doesn't fit me at all."

Ayin: "..."

King 8:" Arg, anyway, I am a sentient Ai living in it and I am not the only one there are 7 others as well, but they can only appear when you need them."

Ayin:" For what purpose?"

King 8:" They are instructors and will reveal themselves once you need their teaching. Their main focus is to train competent soldiers. After all this interface was created to nurture soldiers from a young age. Although this version you have now was never put into practice the older versions are. But they are not as powerful as this one."

Ayin:" Training soldiers? But what if I dont want to, shouldn't this be all useless then?"

King 8:"... I am sorry."

Ayin:" For what?"

King 8: " You dont have a choice, the interface will force you to train. So even if you decide not to become one you still need to undergo the training the interface has set for you. Or else you will be punished."

Ayin: "In what way?"

King 8: " Like electrocuting you, well it is more you will feel the pain of it rather than it actually happening. After all, you won't be hurt by it at all."

Ayin:... Shit. Well if that is how it is going to be then I will just go through it.

King 8: " Anyway, you dont have to worry about that now. The interface still needs a few days to stabilize so nothing will happen until then."

Ayin: " I see..."

King 8: " There is also another feature, the interface has recorded all the knowledge you got to know in all your previous lifetimes. They are stored in the library that will open up soon. Although most are sealed off since some information will overwhelm you and can only be absorbed once you get stronger."

Hearing this Ayin gets a little excited but doesn't ask anything, after all, she will know if there is anything useful once she is able to look through them herself.

Ayin: " Alright, thanks for telling me Little 8."

King 8:" Its King 8." He says and pouts. 

Ayin: " No, I will call you Little 8, or would you rather be called Ai 8."

Little 8:" Little 8 it is then."

Little 8 " Anyway, I will send you out now and let you sleep for real."

As he said that Ayin is back in her room in her baby form and does her best to try to fall asleep.