Step 3: Profit????

Billy sent a message ahead to his mother that he was headed home so when he got there, no one was surprised to see him.

They were, however, surprised that he visited home at such a late hour with nothing but the clothes on his back and his phone. Babe didn't even let him take the keys to his motorcycle so he had to use a grab bike, which surprised his mother greatly.

"Are you alright son," she was worried for real, her ever present soft motherly smile replaced with a worried frown between her brows.

Billy immediately felt bad for causing her distress. He should have gone to Heng's place instead. "Mother, I'm fine. Don't worry, just a little misunderstanding with Babe that we couldn't solve this night"

At the mention of Babe, her frown melted into a knowing smile, "did you upset your omega? Don't make a habit of it, Babe is a good one so you should keep him happy by any means necessary"

"Mom," he said as he settled on the comfortable couch his mother recently bought when she redecorated the mansion, "Do you also think I'm dating babe?"

His mom who was on her way to the kitchen to get him some refreshments paused and turned to face him, looking confused. "Dating? Billy you don't even scent like yourself anymore because your scents have completely merged together, just like a mated couple. I assumed you were already far past dating and already in the courting stage. I already made small plans for your bonding ceremony waiting for you to bring him home so we can properly start."

As she spoke Billy's face got more and more incredulous until he looked like a shocked face emoji by the end of her little speech.

"Mom..."

"No Billy, don't tell me..."

"I thought we were just getting closer you know,"

"Billy?? Where did we fail in educating you?" His mom fell into her favorite overstuffed sofa giving him a look of disappointment.

The chastised alpha placed his head in his hands as he thought back to all the time he spent with Babe, how much more exciting yet peaceful his life has been since Babe came into his life. How disappointed he secretly felt when the pregnancy scare turned out to be nothing, how he wanted to monopolize babe. Keep him as Billy's forever.

He was an idiot.

"I'm an idiot"

"I should refute that as your mother, but even I am starting to have some doubts"

Billy couldn't contain himself anymore, standing and pacing, "We work so well together and beyond that I always feel the urge to see him, make sure he's happy. I was even planning on asking him to move in together. How did I not realize-"

From where she was sitting, Billy's mom had a faraway look as she smiled at a memory. "Your father was as clueless as you are now but it all worked out well. Don't worry too much. The most important question is this. Do you love him?"

"Without question. I cannot imagine a life without him by my side."

"Then you-"

"Honey we're back - oh Billy is here! This is unexpected?" His dad walked in with Franky, both in their golf gear and big smiles adorning their faces. They both paused long enough to get over the shock of seeing Billy before walking over to give him a hug. "To what do we owe the honor of your late night visit son? If you had arrived a bit earlier you could have joined us for some night golf," his father enthused, in good spirits after a turn on the course.

A mischievous smile played on his mom's lips as she responded before Billy could even get a word in, "Babe and Billy had a little lover's quarrel."

Billy opened his mouth to deny it but his father quickly interrupted, "Ah, you must cherish your omega son. The key to a happy relationship is this: the omega is always right!" Father Ounsa-ard let out a jovial belly laugh as he patted the back of his eldest son comfortingly.