000

— The Weird Hyung

    Ji Hui had always been a sickly child. His parents didn't let him outside the house often so much so he had to beg to be let out. And when he was let out he had to wear a watch that could track him and his heart rate.

Ji Hui was born with a weak heart but he didn't let it hold him back for doing things he liked.

Ji Hui had been smarter than his own age and often came off as mature. He wasn't expressive in his emotions was very laid back. Thats how his parents were able to make him wear this.

Kids at his age usually hate having their parents watching them but Ji Hui didn't care.

Currently, Ji Hui was on his way to the park he always went whenever his parents let him out the house.

He expected it to be empty as always but it wasn't.

There was a gloomy young man on the swings. He seemed like a young adult but he was obviously depressed.  Ji Hui ignored the young man beside him and sat on his designated swing about to rock himself back and forth.

"..Is it really the end?" The young man beside him muttered in his seemingly exprensive clothes.

'is this hyung gonna kill himself?'

Ji Hui's mom had always taught him the signs of someone struggling. She said that he should be polite to everyone because you never knew what someone was going through.

Ji Hui remembered what his mom told him to do if he felt someone was going to hanr themselves.

- Hui, if you feel someone is going to harm themselves call the police.

- sometimes people need help but don't know how to ask so you should always be empathetic.

'should I call the police?' Ji Hui thought as he glanced at the gloomy young man.

The young man seemed to notice Ji Hui and glanced at him. "What are you doing here?"

Ji Hui stared for a moment without speaking before he said. "I'm playing."

"Right." Ji Hui stared at him for bit longer and then turned away planning to leave since he didn't wanna be a witness.

He would tell his mom about the young man.

'mn. Good idea.'

"Hey, kid." The young man said causing Ji Hui to frown. He hated being called kid. "Do you think someone could destroy everything?"

Ji Hui paused and didn't speak for a bit. Seeing that the little boy didn't speak he suddenly felt it was absurd that he's talking to a kid about this.

"Forget it-"

"Sometimes." Ji Hui cut him off. "Mommy said that destruction is sometimes needed for a new beginning. Like an abused wife divorcing her husband and starting a new life."

It was the young mans turn to be silent.

"It's not your fault. One crash isn't the end of the world." Ji Hui said. He felt with this the young man wouldn't kill himself anymore.

He still had to let his mom know.

He wasn't bais but he didn't want this handsome hyung to die.

The watch on his wrist vibrated signaling it was time for him to go home. It was almost time for his medication.

Ji Hui stood up and then glanced at the teenager that seemed a but brighter than before. He reached in his pocket and gave him a small cat Keychain.

His favorite one.

"Here. Don't be sad anymore hyung." Ji Hui said trying to be empathetic. He started walking away and said his goodbyes not letting the young man speak.

The young man watched the small child leave. He clenched the Keychain in his hand and let out a soft smile. He felt that maybe this wasn't the end and he had a chance.

He would beat this regression.

Ji Hui didn't know at the time that he had crossed paths with the protagonist of an apocalyptic novel, Yoo Jonghyuk. Which would cause him to alter the future.

He would have a long battle ahead.