005

— Kim Dokja's Companions

     Ji Hui woke up with cold sweat running down his back. The image of his mother's corpse haunted his mind when he slept. He felt a wet tongue lick his cheek and then a nudge.

Pancake was comforting him.

"He's awake!" An unfamiliar voice shouted but the voice had been talking about him. It was a gentle beauty with brown hair.

Ji Hui just stared at her but didn't make an effort to talk.

"You're awake, how do you feel?" She said in an worried tone. She seemed like a nice, innocent character. "Dokja-ssi said you might have passed out due to exhaustion."

'Dokja?'

He didn't know a dokja.

The confusion must have been noticeable because she explained it to him. "Dokja-ssi is the man you came with."

'oh. Him.'

[ The Constellation 'Emperor of the abyss' dislikes incarnation 'Kim Dokja.' ]

[ The Constellation 'Empress Mother' is glad you're alright. ]

[ The constellation 'Sea tyrant' is glad you're okay. ]

...

[ The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' is stunned. ]

[ The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' ask if it's really you, ■■ ■■■. ]

'huh?'

Ji Hui noticed that a few new constellations have taken a notice of him but this message really confused him but he brushed it off.

And decided to ignore it.

"Who are you?..."

The women seemed suprised that he spoke but quickly introduced herself. "Ah! I'm Yoo sangah, how about you?"

"Ji Hui." He nodded in greeting before looking around. "Where's Kim Dokja?"

"He should be–" She was cut off by a semi-familiar voice. "You're awake. Do you feel better now?"

Kim Dokja stared at the little boy who was had nodded to his question but was still very wary about him.

He remembered when he had first met him. At first he was suprised at how someone sp young survived on his own and then in awe about his power after he met the giant shadow beast.

But then he seemed familiar.

It didn't dawn on him until he looked through the novel again that he realized who that boy was.

'Cain', one of the most powerful characters in 'Ways Of Survival'. He was referred to as 'Shadow Monarch' in the earlier chapters. He was a character that could rival Yoo Jonghyuk as the main protagonist.

In the novel it was said that even Jonghyuk didn't know who he was. 'Cain' could be recognized by his two signature trademarks, The shadow beast and his side and the black mask that hid his face.

'Cain' was a character that often helped from the shadows and stay away from the spotlight.

No one knew who his Constellation was but it was known he had one.

A high ranking one.

He had few monologs and was put as an extra character by the readers that thought he was just a form of support for Yoo Jonghyuk. But ti wasn't a lie to say that 'Cain' could rival Yoo Jonghyuk.

But Kim Dokja knew that this little kid was 'Cain'.

He was certain after seeing the novel. The shadow beast fit the description perfectly. But he was just suprised that the fearsome 'Cain' was a little kid that didn't seem eleven years yet.