chapter one: 𝐎' 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍 ❦𐬿

297 AC.

-------------------------.•❦.•--------------------------

There were only two things Vaella wanted to be and do. First, she wanted to find freedom and run away with her loved ones to a land that no one else knew. Second, she wanted to be dead, only if she was able to die a mysterious death, much like some of her ancestors. Fortunately, she will eventually get what she wants.

Vaella's head rested on her older sister's thigh as the two girls sat in the garden beneath a tree in their host's estate. Vaella read her book quietly as her long silver hair stretched out on Daenerys' violet dress. Vaella tried to ignore her sister's anxious lip-biting, but couldn't.

"What are you doing?" Vhaella sighed as she placed her book down, "What is it?"

Daenerys sighed at the sight of her sister's calmness, "You're not worried about the journey? Or worried that your husband is old and ugly?" Daenerys stated as Vaella was left in a state of laughter.

Her younger sister's giggles made Daenerys roll her eyes, "I'm being serious, Vaella." Vaella stopped laughing at her sister and looked up at her.

"I'll be fine, I promise. And if he is a cunt, then we can kill him together when Viserys takes the throne." Vaella promises and she looks at her sister with a smile. "Besides, you're just worried because now you'll be stuck with Viserys without me," she said with another laugh as Daenerys took the book and smacked it across her sister's head.

"That is not funny-" Daenerys said with a laugh before she was interrupted by her brother's entrance.

"Ah, my two favorite girls are in the same place. Dany, don't hit Ella for she needs to be perfect for the fake King." Viserys starts with a forced smile as he holds a dress and heavy coat for Vaella.

"The King." Vaella mimicked with a playful smile, "Oh, it's going to be much fun sitting in a carriage with The King and his family who murdered Father." Vaella said harshly as she got up to examine the clothes Viserys was holding. There was a red off-the-shoulder dress with a dark and heavy red coat.

Since Jaime's slight interaction with Vaella fifteen years ago, Tywin Lannister had decided to marry the youngest Targaryen daughter to the youngest Baratheon-Lannister child. He did this to try and prevent Vaella's older brother from gaining an army and seeking revenge against the Lannisters. Tywin believed that if there was a marriage between the houses, the rest of the Targaryens would remain inferior to them.

Once Cersei and Robert had Tommen, Cersei pleaded that this decision change. Ned Stark volunteered his house to betroth one of his sons to the youngest Targaryen, believing that the young girl may be killed. After learning that Robb and Vaella were the closest in age and quickly decided against marrying Jon and Vaella, Robb Stark and Vaella Targaryen were set to marry.

"Is this a joke? What, am I going to turn into ice in the North?!" Vaella asked as she looked at the heavy coat that was made for her.

"Do not be ridiculous, you should be happy you have clothes." Viserys bickered as his sister tried not to roll her eyes.

"I am not wearing that, it's ghastly."

"Fine, freeze to death then," Viserys said as he tossed the coat to his sister. To be fair, the coat was beautiful but Vaella wanted to annoy him. He walked furiously inside to find their host as Daenerys stood up and walked to her sister.

"I don't feel good about this, Vae."

"Me neither, sister. But I suppose it's only up to the gods. I'll miss you." She said as she grabbed Dany's hand and squeezed it. The two girls shared a loving smile, hoping that this wouldn't be the last day the two see each other. Even though they never said it, they were each other's comfort. Dany gave Vaella a space to feel vulnerable and take down her "walls," as Vaella gave Dany more confidence and overall happiness.

"We'll meet again, I swear it," Dany whispered and Vaella smiled at her older sister.

Viserys came back outside and knocked on the stone wall to alert Vaella, "The carriage is here!"

"I hope it runs me over," Vaella mumbled as she walked to her brother who kindly held her luggage. She turned back to see Daenerys who quietly cried as her sister walked away from her. A piece of Dany died right then, a piece she could never put back together. A tear escaped from Vaella's eye as she saw her sister cry for her.

"I love you." She mouthed to Dany before she faced forward and wiped the tear. Suddenly, her breathing became heavy as her mind realized she was leaving her home, and her family, all because of Jaime Lannister. She tried to be strong and bottle her feelings, but it all came to her so quickly. She would no longer be a Targaryen, but a Stark. She'd lose everything, she lost Dany.

Viserys and Vaella reached the doorway to the outside as the host stood next to the carriage. Vaella stopped short as her eyes filled with tears and her legs could not move anymore. Viserys turned to see his sister in such an odd state as he looked at her for a moment before walking up to his beloved little sister.

"I can't do this, Viserys, I'm scared, please. I don't want to leave." She pleaded as a couple of tears fell down her left eye. Viserys looked at his sister lovingly as he cupped her face and wiped her tears.

"It's going to be alright Vaella, I swear it. We're not going anywhere."

"No-" She said as she tried to look away but he grabbed her chin to make her look at him.

"You going along with this marriage helps me win back the throne- they'll never see it coming. That's what you've always wanted, hm? Vengeance?" He said with a strict tone. Vaella looked up to her brother as her gaze hardened and her tears faded away. He was right. She turned to look at the carriage as she shivered.

"Alright, okay." She whispered as she grabbed the coat.

"I do hope you know I'll miss you dearly, Ella," he said as she gave him a soft smile. She supposed he always had a soft spot for her since she was the youngest and most innocent child. He was always her provider.

"As will I." She said kindly as she began to walk towards the carriage, not wanting to look back. The host helped her get into the carriage and gave her a pillow to sleep. She gave him a thankful nod as the door slammed shut.

The young girl did not look back once.

--------.•❦•.---------
𝐚/𝐧
𝐈𝐌 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐥𝐲.

𝐢 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 (𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐞𝐬)