chapter two: 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 ❦𐬿

-------------------------.•❦.•--------------------------

     A circle of fire surrounded a plain area of grass in the middle of the forest. It surrounded a small and delicate piece of light blue cloth that looked almost as if it had been ripped to shreds. The fire slowly crept onto the fabric, lighting it aflame piece by piece; one by one. It almost seemed as if the cloth struggled as it twitched. Nevertheless, the fabric turned to ash but the fire still burned.

     Vaella woke up from her slumber with a gasp, almost as if she had forgotten where she was. After her eyes fully opened and she forgot about her dream, she glanced outside the carriage to the brown road. The ride was so quiet that if someone had dropped a pin, it would be the sound of a door slamming. Though Vaella enjoyed the quiet travel, she could stick to her thoughts without anyone bothering her. She read her book and curled up in the velvet seat as rain poured. She noticed the driver and the horses in front of her and decided to greet him. She opened the small plank of wood to see the driver and tapped him on the shoulder. The man was startled by the sudden touch and looked at the blonde girl with open eyes.

"Excuse me, do you know when we'll arrive with the Baratheons?" She asked politely, hoping it would be months.

"Well, Miss, we have to cross the Narrow Sea on the boat before we get to Westeros." He replied kindly, "Possibly in a week."

"Westeros." She repeated in a whisper as the man nodded and turned back to the road. She had only truly known Essos and barely remembers her early childhood in Westeros. She spent time wondering what the people were like there and if society was still the same. These thoughts later put her to sleep again as she cuddled with her blanket.

The girl jolted awake as continuous knocks on the carriage's walls were heard. She opened the cloth on the window to see that the carriage stood beside an icy blue sea with a brown boat with red flags.

"I'll be out in a second." She said with slight annoyance as she fixed her braided silver hair. The blankets fell to the floor as she placed her coat on her slim shoulders and walked out of the wooden carriage to the ocean breeze. She smiled and nodded at her driver who kindly pointed his finger to the boat she was supposed to travel on.

She studied everyone around her, looking for anyone who might look odd or suspicious. But most people just looked at her in wonder. She spotted a tall brown-eyed man speaking with an older and shorter man who wore a sailor's hat. She placed herself away from the center of attention and watched who she assumed was the captain and his employee. Out of the corner of her eyes, Vaella spotted a brunette girl who softly smiled at the men as she held a few blankets. The brunette girl was beautiful, to say the least, as her cheeks blushed pink and her eyes resembled a doe's eyes. She had slightly wavy hair that was neatly placed half-up, half-down and she looked Daenerys' age.

Vaella tilted her head as she watched the girl in wonder, only imagining who she was as a person. She seemed kind, but not just ordinary kind. She also seemed innocent but misunderstood at the same time. Yet, her thoughts ended when her driver nudged her to walk up to the two men and the brunette girl. The three's eyes were thrown in her direction as Vaella walked up to them.

"Miss Vaella," The older man began with a smile, "How nice it is to have you on board." He stated that Vaella understood that he couldn't have had a faker tone. She offered him a slight smile and looked at the brunette girl with a smile.

"Ah, this is Helena Rhyswell, your lady in waiting, straight from Kings Landing, she is." The older man spoke as Vaella barely paid him any attention.

"If she gives you any trouble-"

"-She won't, I believe we'll be good friends. Will you grab the remains of my luggage?" Vaella spoke as she gave the man a cold look. He looked flustered and walked quickly to grab her other luggage. She giggled at the sight of the panicked older man and turned to face Helena who covered her smile. Vaella walked towards her and lightly grabbed her hand to lead her onto the boat.