Walkers in the barn

Rory, Carl, and Lori are feeding chickens, Rory's trying to distract her mind from Sophia. Last night Rory had a dream about Sophia and in the dream Sophia died. Rory doesn't like the thought of Sophia being dead already.

"Don't look so worried" Carl says to Lori.

"It's my job" Lori replies.

"No, it's not you're a housewife" Carl jokes.

"Yeah, punk?" Lori says throwing some seeds at Carl who just laughs "You see my house around here?" she pauses then says "Housewife." under her breath almost sounding like a scoff.

"They don't have a mother," Carl says breaking the silence.

"She might be somewhere else," Lori replies. Rory highly doubts that.

"Maybe she got eaten," Carl says and Lori doesn't say anything. "Everything is good for something else," he says. For some reason that makes Rory think of Sophia, how she might've been walker food already.

Rory got sick of Carl and Lori pretty fast so she goes off to find her brother who of course is with Ella.

"Brady" she walks up to him.

"Hey Rory" he gives a fake half smile.

"Do you think Sophia's dead?" she asks.

"That was random" he looks at her Rory doesn't reply and just starts biting her nails. "Look, Rory imma be completely honest with you" he pauses and thinks about how he should word it "Sophia was weak everyone saw it there's no chance she's alive" It was a little harsh but it's the truth and Rory knows it, everyone does.

"Don't say that" Ella glares at Brady. Ella tries to think positively but that's pretty hard when she's seen everyone she's ever loved die.

"What? You saw her, you saw how she acted. No way she's alive, especially without a weapon." he says.

"We can't know that for sure yet," Ella says.

"Yeah, whatever" he scoffs and walks away.

Rory's looking down at her shoes. She knows he's right but she hates to think that he's right. "You okay?" Ella asks Rory.

"Do you actually believe she's alive?" Rory asks ignoring her question because truthfully she doesn't even know if she's okay.

"I don't know," Ella says sadly.

Rory hates being surrounded by sadness so she finds the only person who knows how to make her happy, other than Sophia.

She sees Glenn and Dale talking but she doesn't want to interrupt so she just listens.

"Spark plugs, huh? Want to tell me what's going on?" Dale says.

Glenn looks worried "You're old" Rory holds back a laugh what a great way to respond. "You're... you know things. So what if somebody told you something that somebody else should know?" Glenn kinda rambles on.

"Glenn, stop being dramatic. Spit it out" Dale says impatiently, there's a pause.

"There's... there's walkers in the barn." he blurts out. Rory's eyes widen. That can't be safe what if the walkers break down the barn and get out at some point? "And Lori's pregnant," he adds on. Rory's shocked by that too why would she have a baby in the apocalypse?

Dale doesn't say anything in response and Rory feels the need to tell Brady what she just found out.

Rory finds Brady by himself. "Why're you by yourself" Rory asks kinda confused because usually Ella follows him around like a lost puppy.

"Doesnt matter, what do you want?" he asks looking at Rory. Rory debates on telling him. "What?" he asks.

"There's walkers in the barn" she blurts out and Brady's eyes widen just like hers did.

He stands up. "What?" he says his voice raised.

"Oh and Lori's pregnant," she says but she doesn't find that as important as the walkers.

"Yeah I care so much about that," he says sarcastically walking off in the direction of the barn.

"Where are you going?" Rory tails behind him.

"The barn," he says blankly.

"You're kidding" Rory scoffs in disbelief.

"Nope" he keeps walking and Rory feels like she has to follow after him.

They sneak inside the barn and see a lot of walkers. Rory covers her nose in disgust cause of the smell.

"Holy shit." Brady laughs. Rory rolls her eyes at him. She scans the barn looking at all the walkers, she's sees one with a blue shirt and blonde hair and she feels sick to her stomach, being reminded of Sophia.

"Brady we should go," Rory says grabbing his arm.

"Yeah, do any adults know about this?" he asks.

Rory nods "Yeah Glenn and Dale."

"Shane?" he asks.

"No I don't think so." she shakes her head.

"I'm going to tell him," Brady says. Rory doesn't like that idea very much.

"Why would you tell him?" Rory looks at Brady confused.

"Because he's the only one who will do something about it Rick's too much of a pussy cop." Brady shrugs.

🪐☄️💫
Very short chapter
Literally can't wait to
Write about Sophia's death