I miss you, I'm sorry (1/2)

Hey, people. This is a sequel for "Astronomy" 'Cause I just felt like it.

-
The first face Ishan saw after coming out of his room in the morning were Shubman's. He still doesn't know what to feel about meeting him after years. He did felt the tinge of relief and happiness when he saw him but with it came the intense sorrow he thought he had moved on from or maybe he was just trying to gaslight himself into believing that all these years. Maybe he was still stuck in that perfect night of 2018 and never had come out of that beautiful delusion, neither had he tried to do so, ever.

"Good morning, bhai." Riya beamed, coming out of the guest room provided to her and her fiance.

After having their engagement in India, they decided to get married in London. Ishan offered them to come live with him like a month before so they could see the venues and decide things. Karan, Riya and Shubman were the one to plan everything so they came to London two days ago. Ishan wanted himself to regret giving the offer but he couldn't. No matter how much he tried to convince himself that he doesn't care about Shubman being here and he is not happy by that, somewhere deep inside he knows how much he was craving the man's presence.

"Good morning." He replied. He could feel Shubman's gaze on himself and his traitorous heart again started beating as fast as it used to do In the past, for anything and everything related to this particular human.

"Come on, everyone. Breakfast's ready." Ishan's mother shouted from the kitchen and as all of them, except Ishan, left the living room, he let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. God, he's so screwed.

As Ishan's mother was setting up the breakfast, the doorbell rang. Noticing that everyone was occupied, Shubman offered to take the door.

He opened the door to see a beautiful woman, who he assumed to be English. She initially looked a little confused to see a unfamiliar face but nonetheless smiled at him warmly as she asked, "Hii, there, I'm here to meet Ishan. He's home, right?"

Shubman slowly nodded as he let her in. She shot him a smile as she came inside, making her way towards the kitchen as if she already knew everyone would be there. Shubman closed the door, following after her.

"Mama," She smiled widely, hugging Ishan's mother who chuckled, softly patting her hair, "I missed you, how are you?" She asked pulling back with a smile.

"Missed her? Seriously, Charlotte? I'm sure you literally came here every two days even when I was not here." Ishan quipped, entering the dining area as he was still in the living room attending some call.

Charlotte rolled her eyes playfully, "You're right. By the way, What's up, boss? Did you miss me on your trip?" She asked, grinning.

"No, actually these past few days I felt at so much peace 'Cause I didn't have to deal with your constant nagging there." Ishan replied sarcastically. He didn't lie though, he actually did felt at peace but because of a certain someone's presence.

"Mama, I still don't understand how can such a sweet woman like you have such a bitchass son like him." She commented, looking at Ishan's mother.

Ishan chuckled, "That is the same exact thought I have everytime I look at Lily."

Charlotte gritted her teeth, "You-"

"Bas karo tum dono, subah subah shuru ho jaate ho." Ishan's mother interrupted, glaring at both of them.

Charlotte huffed, "Mama, par shuru to isne kiya tha." She said sulkily.

"Wait, you know hindi?" Karan asked, confused 'cause she spoke so perfectly. As the woman turned her gaze to him, he added, "I'm not trying to be rude, just curious."