Matchmaker (1/1)

"I miss you so much, yaar,"

Ishan chuckled softly, "I know. You said that more than hundred times already."

He heard Shubman sighing at the other end of the line, "You don't understand. I just miss you too much."

"I do understand, meri jaan. I miss you too, so much," Ishan mumbled, laying down on his stomach, his phone beside him on speaker, "It might sound so fucking stupid but you've become as important to me as breathing."

"Shut up, Ish," He heard Shubman's muffled voice, "You're gonna make me cry,"

"I want a hug now," He added. Ishan could literally see the adorable pout that might've (definitely) formed on his face.

"I can't hug you through the phone now, can I?" Ishan muttered, a fond smile spreading on his face.

"Kaash,"

Ishan looked up, hearing his doorbell ringing, "There's someone on the door. I'll call you later, baby,"

"Hmm, bye, see you in a bit,"

"Huh? What?" Ishan mumbled. Before he could ask Shubman what does he mean by see you in a bit, he hang up.

Ishan sighed, getting up from his bed to see the door. His eyes widened as soon as he opened the door, a bright smile appearing on his face. He almost jumped on the woman infront of him, who stumbled a bit, even loosing her grip on her small bag.

She chuckled, patting his head softly.

Ishan pulled back with a blinding smile, "Siya di, what a pleasant surprise, what are you doing here?"

Siya smiled, "I had a conference here yesterday. I have a flight to catch in an hour so I thought I'll come visit you before leaving."

Ishan's expression fell, "What do you mean you're leaving in an hour?"

"No, come inside first," He added before she could answer and pulled her bag inside. He closed the door after she got inside.

After telling her to sit and bringing some water for her, Ishan spoke, "Di, you can't just leave in an hour. I'm meeting you after so long. Atleast stay for a few days,"

"Ishan-"

"Accha, tell me, do you have classes from tomorrow?" Ishan asked. He'll not insist too much if she does. He knows being a professor can be hectic.

"No, from next week."

"Then, please atleast stay for two-three days, please," Ishan asked, bringing out his most dangerous weapon, his puppy eyes knowing his di can never say no to them.

"Okay," Siya smiled.

"Yay, you're the best,"

"I know," She chuckled, ruffling his hair, "Wait, I'mma go get freshen up then,"

She took her bag to the guest room. After a while she came back, now dressed in comfortable clothing.

"Ishu, now that I'm staying, let me treat you a little bit," Siya smiled as she approached Ishan in the living room.

"Tell me, what do you wanna eat?" She asked.

"Really? You are gonna cook?" Ishan exclaimed, excitedly listing what he wanna eat. After his mother, Siya's food was his most favourite.

"Bas, bas, tham jaa, shatabadi express. Itna kha bhi lega tu?" Siya chuckled.

"Bilkul,"

"Accha, saaman hai sab?"

"Haa, aaj hi grocery shopping ki hai,"

"I see," Siya smiled, amused at the enthusiasm.

-