I miss you, I'm sorry (2/2)

These past few weeks Ishan had constantly been in Shubman's presence. Whether it was to buy stuff for wedding, shopping for the wedding clothes or picking up a guest, somehow he always ended up doing the task with Shubman by the grace of Miss great Charlotte. Also Lily has took quite a liking to Shubman so when the rest of the time they were not doing anything related to the preps, she will hang out with him, forcing Ishan to join them as well.

Ishan wouldn't say he hated that, instead he felt a strange sense of relief and comfort by the man's presence but it was getting increasingly difficult for him as whenever Shubman would glance at him with those eyes of his, Ishan's heart would thud loudly against his chest, making him fear that anyone could hear it. Whenever Shubman would laugh, his eyes crinkling in pretty crescent moons, the smile line appearing on his face with his gorgeous dimples gracing his cheeks, the only thought dancing around in Ishan's mind would be pinning the man to the nearby wall and kissing him senseless. Whenever he would slip up and call him Ish, it would transcend Ishan back to some of the most happiest moments in his life and then, the realisation that the time is gone would come like a harsh slap of reality.

For Ishan Shubman's presence was acting as the constant reminder of the future he could've had with him and it stung. So much.

"Mamu, why don't you go on a some dates with Shubi and see if you both click?" Lily suggested, jumping on Ishan's bed.

Ishan sighed, putting his book down, "Why are you so adamant on the idea of us dating?"

She pouted, "'Cause I like Shubi and I want him to be a part of my family."

Shubman chuckled, sitting beside her on the bed and ruffling her hair, "Don't worry, bacche, I'll still be a part of your family."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Ishan smiled fondly at their interaction. It was on a Sunday afternoon, on which they had decided to take a break from the hustle-bustle of the wedding preparations and just relax when Lily barged into his room dragging Shubman along with her and proposed her idea of them dating.

"Lily, beta, come here for a minute." They heard Piya's voice from outside.

"Oh, maa is calling me, I'll be back in a minute." Lily said, dashing out of the room.

"Looks like she took quite a liking to you." Ishan said, smiling.

"Not surprising, everyone likes me." Shubman winked.

Ishan chuckled, nodding his head, "I agree."

"Huh?"

"I said I agree, it's quite easy to like you." Ishan replied smiling as picked up his book again.

"Does that mean you like me as well?" Shubman asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"No," Ishan replied with an eye roll.

Shubman chuckled, asking, "What are you reading?"

Ishan smiled, "Oh, this. This is the latest release by my favourite author. You should read it. It's really good."

"Favourite author, huh?" Shubman said, biting back his smile at Ishan's excited tone.

"Yeah, you know the writing style kinda reminded me of you and the dumb pen name choice as well. I mean, I didn't think anyone other than you could think of publishing their books by the name of Thor but then I thought how can it be you-" Ishan's rambling quieted down as he registered the lengthy smile on Shubman's face. His face morphed into one of realisation and he squealed, "No way! Oh my God, are you serious?"